Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Avatars made simple Empty Avatars made simple Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:11 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

I know there was a thread on how to change the avatar. The process I go through takes a good amount of time. Is there a simple way to do that, please indicate program to use to resize and how to do it, step by step, kind of computer illiterate here, smiling that big smile. I changed my avatar, but it was quite the process, well, maybe it is anyways, but I always like to keep things as simple as possible. Beautiful days to us all, CynthiaM.

2Avatars made simple Empty Re: Avatars made simple Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:55 am

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oooh, your picture is nasty.

Cindi, go into your Profile, then click on the Avatar tab , in there click on where you want to pull your new photo from - your computer, the URL, your Gallery, etc. I just know how to do it from my computer or URL. If from your computer, then just click 'choose file' and biddy bing, biddy bang, biddy boom.

That's my dog Barney. Not very Spring like in the snow. Neutral I need to get more photos onto my computer. The only other ones I have are of chickens.

3Avatars made simple Empty Re: Avatars made simple Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:04 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh thanks, Chicory, I know that, but I think the image has to be resized in a format that is ready for the forum before the download. I am wondering what program is best to resize the image before downloading to the forum. I use a program, but it seems there might be a shorter step. Have a wonderful day, CynthiaM.

4Avatars made simple Empty Re: Avatars made simple Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:45 am

fuzzylittlefriend

fuzzylittlefriend
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

OMG cynthia that is a freaky pic!

http://pauluzzifamilypoultry.webs.com/

5Avatars made simple Empty Re: Avatars made simple Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:19 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Don't know if this helps...I have to load a pic into photobucket and then to WCPS.

Photobucket seems to do the resizing automatically. I think. You should not have to resize anything to load it into Photobucket. I think. I don't know what I think!

My problem is that when I post a pic in a post, I think it ends up too small. This is also an automatic Photobucet setting that I do not know how to change. Other people's pics are largr and more easy to see, mine are too little. Don't know how to change that. So I'm right there with you in being confused over these confounded machines.

6Avatars made simple Empty Re: Avatars made simple Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:13 pm

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

For avatars I like to go to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] it works really well for me....
Just have to know the limit on the size the forum allows.

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

7Avatars made simple Empty Re: Avatars made simple Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:14 pm

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

uno wrote:Don't know if this helps...I have to load a pic into photobucket and then to WCPS.

Photobucket seems to do the resizing automatically. I think. You should not have to resize anything to load it into Photobucket. I think. I don't know what I think!

My problem is that when I post a pic in a post, I think it ends up too small. This is also an automatic Photobucet setting that I do not know how to change. Other people's pics are largr and more easy to see, mine are too little. Don't know how to change that. So I'm right there with you in being confused over these confounded machines.

Uno maybe you are clickingo n the wrong one in photobucket? YOu know how 3 or 4 show up and one is thumbprint another is url? Thumbprint makes the small ones.
I

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum