Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Planned pregnancy! (pictures added)

+2
Fowler
coopslave
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Planned pregnancy! (pictures added) Empty Planned pregnancy! (pictures added) Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:01 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

We have puppies coming the end of May. Yay, love having puppies. This is a cross and breeding we have been looking forward to for a long time. Just a crossbred litter, but the parents are both exceptional dogs.
These guys are going to be good workers for us, but great farm dogs too. They should be cool looking as well.
Of course I will post pictures of them when born, just to bore you all. Laughing

Last edited by coopslave on Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Planned pregnancy! (pictures added) Empty Re: Planned pregnancy! (pictures added) Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:20 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hey crossbreds are hot right now. What will they be? Golden Doodle? Labradoodle?Poma Poo? Shitz Poo? Australian Cattle Poo?

3Planned pregnancy! (pictures added) Empty Re: Planned pregnancy! (pictures added) Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:26 am

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Tell us Coop what is the cross and post pics of the parents if you have time? I'm really intrigued and would love to see them.

4Planned pregnancy! (pictures added) Empty Re: Planned pregnancy! (pictures added) Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:30 am

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yay puppies! So tell us more, what's the cross and why are you looking forward to this so much??

See??? EVERYONE wants to know!

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

5Planned pregnancy! (pictures added) Empty Re: Planned pregnancy! (pictures added) Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:34 am

viczoe

viczoe
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Coopslave speaking of dogs, I have someone looking for a Aust. Kelpie to be about 9 months old in the fall. They are looking for a working dog or one with that potential. It would be very good home and I will explain the age thing if you or someone you know has one.

Barring that they would consider a Border Collie if you know anyone can you pass the info on to me and I will pass it along, this would be a exceptional working home.

Heather

http://www.triple-h.ca

6Planned pregnancy! (pictures added) Empty Re: Planned pregnancy! (pictures added) Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:37 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Heather, I will pm you about that.

I will post pictures of the parents later today. Laughing
I like the idea of an Australian Cattle Poo, but have the wrong blood for that here. You guys are funny.

7Planned pregnancy! (pictures added) Empty Re: Planned pregnancy! (pictures added) Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:55 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Mango is the dad. He is just over 4 years old and this will be his first litter. We have wanted to breed him for a while but have not had the right female for him.
He is a stabilised cross that they use down in Australia. The original cross was White Boxer and Australian Cattle Dog. There has been a bit of other stuff added over the years but that was what they started with.
These guys are the muscle down there. They are for tough cattle and getting cattle out of the bush. They make our Collies and Kelpies 10 feet tall and bullet proof. Nothin like having a big, strong guy standing behind you for back up.
They work the front end of a cow and will take a solid nose. He will not bite unless provoked or asked to. Very important in these dogs. He actually has cast and cover with the eye dogs too.
Can you tell I like him? Laughing He is such a cool dude, anyone that meets him loves him. Rub his butt and you are his favourite person. Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

He has been bred to Ice. She is my White English Bulldog (also call Old White English) girl. She will bite a nose and works the yards with me, but does not have the cover that Mango does. She is a farm dog. Loves the chickens and makes sure every other dog respects them. A very quite girl that is not overly friendly. Reserved and takes a while to meet people. I like that. I know she would not hesitate to come to my aide in any situation. Very laid back and will just lounge around and watch me when I am outside. I rarely have to call her, she just sticks close.

We have high hopes for this cross. They should be good for what we want, but should be amazing farm dogs too. What neat colours we should have! I am so excited, but I hope she doesn't have to many. Very Happy

Here is a picture of Mango's dad in Australia. This is what most of these Hybrids look like. You can see how good they are with kids.

8Planned pregnancy! (pictures added) Empty Re: Planned pregnancy! (pictures added) Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:58 pm

Oh I can see why you're excited. So, will you keep one, two??

9Planned pregnancy! (pictures added) Empty Re: Planned pregnancy! (pictures added) Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:24 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Australian Bull Boxer, got it! Very Happy

10Planned pregnancy! (pictures added) Empty Re: Planned pregnancy! (pictures added) Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:44 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh wow, what a beautiful fellow, I LOVE the markings on him. The white bulldog is beautiful two (well, both of them), how nice that you will have such a good cross between them, gonna make some people very happy, lovely pictures!! Have a most wonderful day, CynthiaM.

11Planned pregnancy! (pictures added) Empty Re: Planned pregnancy! (pictures added) Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:24 am

viczoe

viczoe
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I love the look of both those dogs, right up our alley but we are now the parents to a crazy Standard Poodle girl and we have only barely managed to live to her upcoming 1st birthday. We have not had a puppy for like 13 years so you forget and we are older now so Harder to Train so says "Louisa".

Heather

12Planned pregnancy! (pictures added) Empty Re: Planned pregnancy! (pictures added) Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:24 am

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Great looking dogs Coopslave (hey that should be my avatar name!). When things slow down here in the next few days, I'd love to ask you more about them. We're planning for a pup in September.

Thanks for posting the pics. Your dogs look so healthy and fit. I love it.

13Planned pregnancy! (pictures added) Empty Re: Planned pregnancy! (pictures added) Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:03 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Fowler wrote:Australian Bull Boxer, got it! Very Happy

I like it Fowler, I knew you would come up with a good one. Very Happy

We will be keeping 1 or 2 of them. We usually only breed when we are looking for new working stock so we purpose breed for that. Sometimes only keeping 1 is tough but 2 gives you a better chance of getting one with the ability you are looking for. Just means more dogs though.... Rolling Eyes

Heather, are the standard Poodles the bigger ones? The big ones get pretty large don't they? I don't know my Poodles very well.

Chicory, whatever you want to know, just ask.

14Planned pregnancy! (pictures added) Empty Re: Planned pregnancy! (pictures added) Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:28 pm

viczoe

viczoe
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Yes Lou Lou is the large Poodle actually a nice sized dog not to big heavy wise but tall and somewhat high strung and sometimes smarter tnan the 2 of us but lots of fun generally. Took her in today to get Spayed(feeling like I dodged a heat bullet).

Very nice dogs you have there though!!
Heather

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum