Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Turkey Question's need help!

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Turkey Question's need help! Empty Turkey Question's need help! Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:55 pm

steve

steve
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

i am incubating some turkey eggs for the first time, and was wondering if some one could help me with afew things?

1. what should the humidity be? 30% or 40%??

2. do turkey eggs take 28 days till hatching??

3. is the tempature the same as chickens eggs??

thanks Very Happy

2Turkey Question's need help! Empty Re: Turkey Question's need help! Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:36 pm

Grandma Art

Grandma Art

steve wrote:i am incubating some turkey eggs for the first time, and was wondering if some one could help me with afew things?

1. what should the humidity be? 30% or 40%??

2. do turkey eggs take 28 days till hatching??

3. is the tempature the same as chickens eggs??

thanks Very Happy

Hi Steve
I hatch my turkeys in with my chickens..... only a week longer...
This works for me. Hope it helps.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

http://www.sheltiesalberta.com

3Turkey Question's need help! Empty Re: Turkey Question's need help! Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:19 am

chickeesmom

chickeesmom
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Great questions Steve, wondering about raising the Humidity for that last three days for the chicken eggs and the turkey eggs aren't due to hatch for another week? I know I should have put them in a week early, just didn't work out this time.

4Turkey Question's need help! Empty incubating turkeys Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:20 am

birish

We had good success with turkeys last year,same temp.,same humidity,our Narrs.seemed to take 30 days for the most part,good luck.

5Turkey Question's need help! Empty Re: Turkey Question's need help! Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:46 am

DLC

If you go to Porters Turkeys Kevin has a Turkey Egg hatching Tips page. This helped me quite a bit.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum