Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I am pleased to announce

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1I am pleased to announce Empty I am pleased to announce Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:01 pm

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ha, I bet you thought I would say that I was expecting a baby. Well, kind of...but not really, not mine anyways.

I have been cracking open buff orpington eggs the past week to see if my young roosters, which are about 28 weeks old now are doing their thing. Yep. I have two of these beauties among 4 hens and 4 pullets. All the gals are laying, except one of them, not sure which one, but someone is lacking in the department of putting out eggs Shocked . Good, four pullets 28 weeks old, and 3 old gals, three years old coming up, one gal has just turned one year old, guess she is now called a hen. So 4 pullets, and 3 old hens and one young hen. All the eggs have that bullet mark on them, and have. So...guess that I could say that my roosters (well, cockerels still, they are not a year old) are good with the fertility thing. I have heard that sometimes with show lines, fertility has been compromised for beauty. Nope, beauty and fertility reign in this kingdom of the buff orpingtons. I just thought this was a cool little bit of something that I wanted to speak about, long live the orpington, smiling that really big smile. Beautiful days, CynthiaM.

Right, it is in the middle of winter too, so I wonder about something I read about the testes of roosters shrinking in wintertime and increasing in size in the warmer months. I wonder if this was referring to adult roosters, maybe the young roosters are just developing so fast that they have huge ones Cool . I am trying to be funny here, hope it struck someone's giggle chain!! Laughing Sorry absolutely no facts that I can present to corroborate what I am saying Embarassed

2I am pleased to announce Empty Re: I am pleased to announce Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:33 pm

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

Congrats on the chicklets.
I thought all boys had shrinkage in the winter months hee hee

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum