Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Baking Soda, Baking Soda, Rah! Rah! Rah!

+2
pops coops
KatuskiFarms
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Baking Soda, Baking Soda, Rah! Rah! Rah! Empty Baking Soda, Baking Soda, Rah! Rah! Rah! Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:22 pm

KatuskiFarms

KatuskiFarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I regretfully report that I have reached the age of 30 before truly realizing the cleaning powers of baking soda. Stainless pots look out!

pops coops

pops coops
Golden Member
Golden Member

I use it all the time and it mixed with vingar cleans drains as well.

http://www.popscoops.com

I use baking soda and vinegar for -everything-. I'm in the process of eliminating almost every chemical cleaner in my house and it's all been replaced with Vinegar (white or apple cider) and baking soda -- I'm even experimenting with using it as shampoo right now. Bit of a learning curve but worth it, the way I look at it.

dooversue

Drain cleaner as in Draino?!? If yes, what ratio or how much of each? Just regular white vinegar for this?
That should be so much easier on pipes, septic (& where it pumps out!).... Cool

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

I use baking soda to clean my bathtub along with whatever environmentally friendly spray cleaner I've got going - vinegar, orange oil, etc.

Here's a secret about BS that many people don't know about.........it's the best dang underarm deodorant west of Winnipeg! afro

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

You're not alone Katuski. I had no idea baking soda had so many practical uses. My husband actually drinks the stuff mixed with water as a cure-all for his heartburn. Thankfully heartburn has never been one of my problems. Laughing

Hopeful Farm

Hopeful Farm

Yes, I've used it for a drain cleaner, but not to a specific ratio. I just sprinkle a whole bunch down the drain (I don't know, maybe 1/2 c?), then glug glug a bunch of vinegar down there! If it's not fizzing up the way I want, I just add more of each!

pops coops

pops coops
Golden Member
Golden Member

Flicker Chick wrote:You're not alone Katuski. I had no idea baking soda had so many practical uses. My husband actually drinks the stuff mixed with water as a cure-all for his heartburn. Thankfully heartburn has never been one of my problems. Laughing

My dad used it for heartburn as well but he mixed it with vinegar.

pops coops

pops coops
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sweetened wrote:I use baking soda and vinegar for -everything-. I'm in the process of eliminating almost every chemical cleaner in my house and it's all been replaced with Vinegar (white or apple cider) and baking soda -- I'm even experimenting with using it as shampoo right now. Bit of a learning curve but worth it, the way I look at it.

Never thought about shampoo but use it to clean everything in the house A bit of vinegar in the final rinse softens cloths to

pops coops wrote:
Sweetened wrote:I use baking soda and vinegar for -everything-. I'm in the process of eliminating almost every chemical cleaner in my house and it's all been replaced with Vinegar (white or apple cider) and baking soda -- I'm even experimenting with using it as shampoo right now. Bit of a learning curve but worth it, the way I look at it.

Never thought about shampoo but use it to clean everything in the house A bit of vinegar in the final rinse softens cloths to

Yeah it sure does. As shampoo, it lets your hairs natural oils build to a normal amount, and it's hard to get used to the texture. My hair looks clean, smells clean, is clean; it knots less, waaay less static and shines easily, but it's harder to brush through and it has a... hmm, how to compare the texture...

If you've ever washed a pan after cooking say, bacon, and it looks, by all respects, grease free, you put it away, right? You weren't so right and you take it out next time, there's that light film on the bottom that feels almost rubbery? Your hair has a similar texture because of the natural oils, but it just dooooesn't look greasy!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]