Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Planning a spring sale. Advice need, please!

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

silkiebantam

silkiebantam
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

My friend, Littleduck and I would like to plan a small animal and poultry sale for this coming spring.

We've never done anything like this before. I'm not even sure where to begin. We are checking in to trying to get use of the 4H building or grounds at the Local Fair Grounds, but haven't heard back yet. Also someone else as generously offered to let us have it at her place.

Is there anything we should know?

Do we need insurance, license, a permit or anything?

Is it ok to sell other things at the sale? How about Coffee and cookies? The last sale we went to the weather was cold, it was outside and a hot coffee would have been nice.

I need all the help and ideas I can get! I'm a little nervous about taking on something like this.

http://klewnufarms.blogspot.com/

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I look forward to the responces you get from this. I would love to have one in our area, but I worry about taking it on myself without ever having done it before.

KatuskiFarms

KatuskiFarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I will also be watching this closely... I would love to organize one for my area.... Can you believe that Grande Prairie has over 50,000 residents, and that is not including all the little satelite communities within an hour's drive, and there are no such events that I have ever heard of in the last ten years around here. I went to an Odd N Unusual Auction last spring and it was over 2 hour drive to a little town less than 10,000. and the prices were outrageous and profit went to a private auctioneer.

I has never been to a shop and swap... what happens there?

fuzzylittlefriend

fuzzylittlefriend
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

coopslave I think that would be great for the okanagan area. I would be interested in helping in the spring put something together.

Anne

http://pauluzzifamilypoultry.webs.com/

SilkieBantam, if you go to your regional district office, or your city/township, they will be able to tell you what kinds of permits are needed and available.

I am also interested to hear more, and would love a variety sale sometime in the Okanagan. Not just birds, although that might be how it starts out just to keep it simple.

liz

liz
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Yes have a sale!!Have to watch the food thing definitely check on what is required. Some buildings have insurance that may cover you.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum