Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transport of chicks from Edmonton to central B.C.

+3
fuzzylittlefriend
Schipperkesue
CynthiaM
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

I would like to find someone that would be willing to transport 4 or 5 young cochins (about 12-13 week old) from the Edmonton area (Shipperkesue's place) to mine. These are still pretty small, so won't take up too much room.

Anytime is fine. I am wondering if someone going to the CHB show in December could even bring them back to B.C. if you are going. I could wait until after Christmas, at which time my kids are going up to Grande Prairie for the celebration of such, but that is such a long ways away Shocked .

I have the ability to travel some distance to pick them up, just getting them to B.C. is the quandary here.

I live just a little northeast of Enderby, in a little town (and I mean little) called Grindrod.

Kamloops is 1.5 hours from my home.
Golden is about 1.5 hours.
Sicamous is about .5 hour.
Vernon is .5 hour.
Kelowna is 1.5 hours.

I live on the highway that connects north to south, highway 97A. If you are going south from Sicamous to the lower Okanagan, you drive right past my house.

I would be very willing to travel some distance to meet you on your way home, whichever way you come home. These will be added to my cochin flock to bring the leg colour to a nice state of affairs, smiling. Have that most wonderful day, CynthiaM.

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I will add to this.

The chicks are coming from me.

I live in Carnwood, Alberta.

I am 20 minutes east of Drayton Valley.

Depending on the time, since I work full time, I could get the chicks to Evansburg or anywhere in that area along the Yellowhead highway.

My husband works in Nisku and they could be there any weekday.

I can be convinced to drive to Edmonton, Leduc or Wetaskiwin since both shopping and friends reside there.

I am going to have to visit the vet on a Saturday in Wetaskiwin on a day coming up soon.

I will be in Red Deer Thursday, December 8 in the evening and all day Saturday and Sunday December 10 and 11 for the CHB show.

I am sending good transportation vibes out there!

Last edited by Schipperkesue on Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Extra info added)

fuzzylittlefriend

fuzzylittlefriend
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Cynthia,

When I was looking to get my bantams off the island I contacted a couple of the horse transport companies. Try H4 or crofton horse transport (crofton was originally going to transport them but she had some issues and I had arranged transport by the time h4 got back to me but he was willing to do it)

Both of them go threw Alberta fairly regularly. It might not be as frequent now but worth a try if they can hitch a ride!

Anne

http://pauluzzifamilypoultry.webs.com/

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thanks, Anne, will keep that in the back of my mind. Beautiful days, CynthiaM.

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Is anyone going to the CHB show in Edmonton from B.C.? I need a ride for 5 little cochin fellers, they are about 3 months old and don't take up very much room Very Happy . Have that wonderful day, CynthiaM.

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Bump, anyone? Still needing a ride, the babies are awaiting their new home, smiling that big smile, beautiful days, to us all, CynthiaM.

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hey, BC people, come out to the CHB show! You won't regret it. And you can bring Cynthia her birdies! I'll bet she is even willing to meet you on the road some where even if you don't drive near her. You could stop and have a coffee together!

Sue

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Well, I am hardly near Cynthia and not 100% sure that I am going to Red Deer yet. I wanted to but work just keeps getting in the way of me having a good time.

I would be happy to bring them back to our place, keep them separate from my birds so you wouldn't need to worry and then when I head out to Kamloops bring them but going to Kamloops might not be until well into New Years. I will be in vancouver the week of December 12th but I'm flying....

All very tentative isn't it, but I know how frustrating it can be to get a ride for animals.

I will keep you in mind and see if there isn't something we can figure.

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Cathyjk wrote:Well, I am hardly near Cynthia and not 100% sure that I am going to Red Deer yet. I wanted to but work just keeps getting in the way of me having a good time.

I would be happy to bring them back to our place, keep them separate from my birds so you wouldn't need to worry and then when I head out to Kamloops bring them but going to Kamloops might not be until well into New Years. I will be in vancouver the week of December 12th but I'm flying....
I will keep you in mind and see if there isn't something we can figure.

We're getting closer, smiling. If you do go to the show, I would ask that you bring them back to your place. Cranbrook is closer than Alberta for sure. How long from Vernon to drive to Cranbrook? Vernon is 1/2 hour south of me...I don't think I have ever been to that area where you live, Cathy. But I am thinking at least to get them to your place would be a good thing, this may be getting workable. Have a beautiful day, CynthiaM.

triplejfarms

triplejfarms
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

http://www.conjuringcreekboardingkennels.com/farm.html

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

You have gotta be kiddin' me!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked . But that is a whole lot closer than Edmonton, think that is even a longer ways Shocked . Why do we have to live so far apart, smiling that big smile. All good things take time, this may take that...have a wonderful day, CynthiaM.

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

From our doorstep to Kamloops is about 6 hours... if I take the highway that goes by Grinrod, it might take an extra 20 minutes...

Cynthia, IF we go to Red Deer, I will for sure bring them back to BC and then we can work on hitching them a ride a little further Smile

Easy peasey

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Cathyjk wrote:From our doorstep to Kamloops is about 6 hours... if I take the highway that goes by Grinrod, it might take an extra 20 minutes...
Easy peasey

Think of a grindstone, smiling that great big smile, it is GRINDrod, go figure, wonder what on earth originated the name of this teeny, tiny, miss-it-if-you-blink-an-eye, town Very Happy . We are on the northwest side of the highway, right on the highway, you cannot miss our place...

That is a long haul, for surely, things will surely work out somewhere in the wash. Crossing my fingers that you are going to the event Smile , would love to meet ya one day anyways! I could meet you in Kamloops, to save that extra time, time is important when one is travelling, I know that. Have that beautiful night, CynthiaM.

Oh, oh, oh, forgot, my gift to you would be the peach salsa that I make that is to absolutely die for, smiling, ask FarmChiq, she wants to actually live in the bottle that I gave her affraid , that scares me, smiling again, that big smile. I would also amend you for some gas fare to

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Cynthia here is an ad on Kijiji right now, maybe they would be willing to help you out for a reasonable fee?

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-pets-livestock-for-sale-Hauling-AB-to-BC-and-back-Room-Both-Ways-W0QQAdIdZ332716628

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thank you Hidden, but declining. I would not entrust to send anything with someone I did not know in some way, but nice you found that. Have that wonderful day, CynthiaM.

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Anyone going to the show from B.C., Red Deer, CHB show this weekend? Could you bring 5 young cochins back to B.C. for me? Kathy, are you going? Have a wonderful day, CynthiaM.

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Still looking for a lift for these youngsters, have a wonderful day, CynthiaM.

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

CynthiaM wrote:Anyone going to the show from B.C., Red Deer, CHB show this weekend? Could you bring 5 young cochins back to B.C. for me? Kathy, are you going? Have a wonderful day, CynthiaM.

Cynthia. we are headed to Red Deer.. I can only meet someone at the show first thing on Saturday morning, only going to be there for a few hours!
Then we are off to pick up some other livestock east of Red Deer, then home hopefully no later than 7 pm

They will need to be boxed already; i can bring water and grapes or something for them so they don't dehydrate.

Just let me know who I need to meet.

Cathy

Oh, I'm in Kamloops the first two weeks in January.. can bring them out to you then!

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

It would be me, Kathy. If this works for Cynthia I will be there Saturday morning. I will need to know if I should bring them by tomorrow night (Thursday night) so I can pack them up and have them in my truck. I will be leaving work on Friday afternoon and going straight to the show.

Sue

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Phew, OK, Cathy and Sue, it seems now that the ball has fallen into both your hands, smiling. I am on, but can't do anything from this side of the world Shocked .

Sue I would like you to arrange with Kathy for her to bring the chicks back to B.C. Cathy lives outside of Cranbrook, which is about 5 hours from me, so has offered to keep the baby blues at her place until we can arrange to get them to my home. I may have to take a fast road trip soon to get them. I don't know if I can wait until January to wait for Cathy to bring them to me, smiling. Anyways, that is presently moot regardless.

Cathy this is a most gracious offer. That is getting these baby blues closer to my home and I truly appreciate what you will be doing for me, words cannot express, thank you. We will have further conversations about this, and a joyous treat for you and yours, a jar of my homemade peach salsa, to die for, when you and I hook up.

Sue, do you have some kind of cage, something, anything that these babies can be brought to B.C. in? Pet carrier? I would recompensate for that by paypal or email transfer if you have to get one, pretty hard to get it back to you, or just a good box with lots of ventilation. I am sure you know well what you are doing.

So, girls, I leave this in your hands to converse back and forth, I will sit on that back burner (not on high heat either, smiling) and wait until I hear more of what is going on.

My thanks to you both for working so hard to pull this together, all good deeds have goodness that works out in the wash...have a wonderful and beautiful day, CynthiaM.

Please keep me posted via email how things transpire, smiling again.

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Cathy, Can't you just hear the excitement in Cynthia's voice?

I will leave you a pm with my email address. You can email me. Today I will be able to receive emails until 3:00 mountain standard. Then I will drive down to the show and get back home late. I will check my emails again and do my animal chores.

Can't wait to hear from you!

Sue

Last edited by Schipperkesue on Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Schipperkesue wrote:Can't you just hear the excitement in Cynthia's voice?
Can't wait to hear from you!
Sue

Ooooh baby!! Yep, surely that excitement doth come. Can't believe it, this has been a long time a'comin' for surely. Haven't I always lived by the old adage "all good things take time" Very Happy .

Still, I will be awaiting though, Cathy lives in Cranbrook, I live in Grindrod (remember, think of grindstone, only it was a rod). I read the history of why they think it was called Grindrod, but can't remember it, read it in a local paper, smiling.

I may have to take a road trip down to the Cranbrook area, don't know if I can wait until January when Cathy comes to Kamloops Shocked . Or....maybe someone is coming from Cranbrook to the north Okanagan or thereabouts, sheesh, another road trip for the poor baby blues. That is OK, whence they are here, they will have the best little home on earth, and will have other babies of their breed their same age, well, pretty close anyways, ah the baby blues!!

Thank you Sue (and you too Cathy, when this comes about), for walking that extra mile that has been longer than a regular mile, smiling now that huge smile. Beautiful days, CynthiaM.

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have emailed you CynthiaM.

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh my, and the plot thickens!! This is going to be the most incredible road trip for baby blues imaginable. Coopslave has offered to be a go-between, between Cathy's place and my place, smiling. That is to get the youth to my home before January....as Cathy can bring the chicks back from Red Deer and to her place, she is willing to hold the chicks until she goes to Kamloops in January...but...such a long ways away in duration of time sigh.

So, Joan said that if someone is passing through Cranbrook and then going along the highway that goes through Rock Creek, she could meet that person in Rock Creek and then hold them at her place for me, which is about 1 hour from Kelowna. Phew, getting kind of confused...Wonderful of Coopslave to offer and that might work. But....listen to the rest.

Now if anyone is coming from Cranbrook going past Rock Creek into say, Kelowna, and then north, south, or west, I could meet them somewhere. This is an option too. Then the baby blues would not have to go to Coopslave's place.

So, next question, once the youngsters get to Cathy's is:

Is anyone coming from Cranbrook, through Cranbrook towards Kelowna, Vernon, you get the idea. I am 1.5 hours north of Kelowna and can travel this distance to hook up to get the baby blues. What a long and convaluted thread this has become, smiling, but it is for a good end. Maybe the baby blues will be an early Christmas present. Beautiful and wonderful days, CynthiaM.

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Hey, this is what we do on this list, help each other.

All good.
Cynthia, I should be able to find a dog kennel to put them in, we have loads hanging about here.

YOu can just use it until I head Kamloops way again and then I can stop by for coffee and pick it up. Easy peasey

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum