Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I love pullet eggs!

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1I love pullet eggs! Empty I love pullet eggs! Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:21 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have my pullets just starting to come into lay. A couple started while I was still free ranging and they were hiding their eggs. Not now as I have them locked up to prevent that nasty habit for a while. Because I didn't get their early eggs, I missed out on the tiny, little pullet eggs.

I have a new one just started, I think it is my white chantecler, but I am not sure. What I am sure of is I love the tiny little new pullet eggs that they lay for the first little while. They just never get old for me. They are the BEST poached!

2I love pullet eggs! Empty Re: I love pullet eggs! Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:45 pm

BriarwoodPoultry

BriarwoodPoultry
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

OH how I know what you mean! I love those little pullet eggs, too. The mystery "who's is this?" the excitement and thrill that goes along with it.

Oh dear....

I sound a bit looney.

http://briarwoodpoultry.weebly.com

3I love pullet eggs! Empty Re: I love pullet eggs! Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:26 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ya, those gotta be special. I have four buff orpingtons due to begin laying very soon, can't wait. Sure can get some weird ones though!! Recalling I found one once that was about the size of a marble, even had a little yolk in it about the size of a pea. Have a wonderful and great day, CynthiaM.

4I love pullet eggs! Empty Re: I love pullet eggs! Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:59 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well, I thought it was the white chantecler, but I had a partridge pullet on the nest this morning, clucking away. I don`t know if she has started too, or if it is just her. She is 3 weeks younger than the white.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum