Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Got three roosters done last night

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Got three roosters done last night Empty Got three roosters done last night Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:31 am

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

Bathed for the show in Armstrong...we were going to do all the girls too but took lot longer than we thought, well at least we are all set up now!

Hauled buckets of hot water to the shop, had 3 rubbermaids with suds, vinegar rinse and glycerin finish...I dunked my guy a couple times,oops Embarassed he is not the type to enjoy a spa experience!

(That was my rooster by the way, not my guy...HE stayed as far away as possible shaking his head!)

We set up the cages in the back of the canopy of the truck and then put two small heaters blowing in there until they were dry.

3 down and only 5 to go...yikes!

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

2Got three roosters done last night Empty Re: Got three roosters done last night Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:35 am

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Wow, it is a lot of work to do the bathing the farmer style way. LOL.
At least you have a bit of time to get ready and not too cold yet. Better not do them girls tonight, down to -9 I read for Maple Creek area...

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

3Got three roosters done last night Empty Re: Got three roosters done last night Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:05 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Smiling that evil smile. I am space constrained and can't do the birds in my trailer. BUT....my Daughter and her Husband are going away for the weekend to a horsey event. While they are gone I am going to use their bathroom Very Happy , they have a wonderful big tub that will house the two rubbermaids for washing and rinsing, the third one will just have to go on the floor with lots of towels below it...I can blow dry them in there and put them back in the coop. I have to bring one at a time in the house. If I keep the bathroom door closed and then take the vaccum in there after I am all done, they will never even know Cool . Just kidding. I am going to ask, promising that their will not be a feather to be found afterwards, I have three cochins and two buff orpingtons to do. My first time doing a bath, so I have no clue what I am up against. I am going to start with the featheriest, the blue cochin, that is the biggest one that I can tell, the others should be like slicing a piece of pie Smile . Have a wonderful and great day. CynthiaM.

4Got three roosters done last night Empty Re: Got three roosters done last night Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:06 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Miry, what day does the travel have to begin to get the birds to Armstrong. Who is going? I am just too curious for words themselves....have a wonderful and great day, again, CynthiaM.

5Got three roosters done last night Empty Re: Got three roosters done last night Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:15 pm

k.r.l

k.r.l
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Good luck to everyone on bathing their birds for the upcoming shows.

The bathing really makes a difference on the finished look of the bird!

CythinaM it sounds like you have your plan set! Make sure you go easy on the glycerin too much can make the feathers stringy.

6Got three roosters done last night Empty Re: Got three roosters done last night Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:16 pm

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

CynthiaM wrote:Miry, what day does the travel have to begin to get the birds to Armstrong. Who is going? I am just too curious for words themselves....have a wonderful and great day, again, CynthiaM.

The eldest son and my dear husband will take the trip...they are planning to leave around 4AM on Friday morning...kinda early but that they will get there decent time.
The nice thing is we have family in Armstrong so that is another reason we can make the excuse to go..I would of course like to go too but I have to hold the fort here..I keep forgetting im not going however and have to keep reminding myself "you're not going to be there!"

Laughing

The White Chantecler cockerel is just GLOWING right now, sure made him look nice so that is good it is worth it, we just have them on sand underfoot so hopefully they will stay reasonably good until they have to head out!

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum