Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stuart McLeans Vinyl Cafe

+5
uno
Fowler
Susan
mirycreek
chickeesmom
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Stuart McLeans Vinyl Cafe Empty Stuart McLeans Vinyl Cafe Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:17 pm

chickeesmom

chickeesmom
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Wow, congrats to Uno, Blackdove and all the rest of the crew that made that awesome quilt, they won the 'Arthur Award on his show yesterday, got to listen as LK and I were heading out for Thanksgiving. So Amazing, you guys rock!!

2Stuart McLeans Vinyl Cafe Empty Re: Stuart McLeans Vinyl Cafe Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:42 pm

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yeah we heard it too on the way home from Church, just a little disappointed that Stuart had trouble keeping the name straight and the whole quilt story seemed a little vague, what with the impression that the quilt itself was traveling around the country and the sum total of our fund raising efforts was that "a chicken" was donated to an underdeveloped country? pale

I am a fan of Stuart Mclean but once again was disappointed with the "facts" being mixed up on a subject I knew a little bit about, it always makes me question the other stories that are presented in the news now...

But definitely kudos to Blackdove and Uno and all the other great people who sewed a square and made the wonderful quilt project happen, we know the heroes that you are! Very Happy Very Happy

The next story on his show made quite an impression on all of us... the courageous rescue of a couple injured in a snowmobile accident by three young men who acted as real heroes.

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

3Stuart McLeans Vinyl Cafe Empty Re: Stuart McLeans Vinyl Cafe Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:51 pm

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I agree miry- rather vague, mixed up name and I thought we bought more than one chicken! (What did we buy again?). But it was awesome to make one of those blocks and be part of that amazing project! That is what I will always remember Smile

4Stuart McLeans Vinyl Cafe Empty Re: Stuart McLeans Vinyl Cafe Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:27 pm

chickeesmom

chickeesmom
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Oh my, wasn't that last story a tear jerker!

5Stuart McLeans Vinyl Cafe Empty Re: Stuart McLeans Vinyl Cafe Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:03 pm

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Wow! Congrats!

6Stuart McLeans Vinyl Cafe Empty Re: Stuart McLeans Vinyl Cafe Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:00 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thanks everyone. I feel so honored even though the story didn't cover the actual quilt all that much. I hope Blackdove reads some of the good wishes and congratulations, but I know she is having internet trouble right now.

I heard from Prospector (and old friend many of us know) and he said the actual interview covered many more details of the quilt. BUt Stuart had trouble keep some of the names straight and in the end, it was edited out. And most of the details were wrong. But...who's counting? We were all part of someting that ranks right up there on the Awesome scale! And to be recognized with an award is a whole new level of awesome.

I want to thank Prospector, who was so moved by our cross Canada quilt that he contacted The Vinyl Cafe.

7Stuart McLeans Vinyl Cafe Empty Re: Stuart McLeans Vinyl Cafe Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:38 pm

chickeesmom

chickeesmom
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Hip Hip Hooray!!

8Stuart McLeans Vinyl Cafe Empty Re: Stuart McLeans Vinyl Cafe Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:29 pm

loushrop

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Congrats to all involved. Lou

9Stuart McLeans Vinyl Cafe Empty Re: Stuart McLeans Vinyl Cafe Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:52 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Maybe it should have been presented in a way that Stuart McClean could follow;

"What's that?", said Dave.

"It's a quilt.", said Morley.

"Who made it?", said Dave.

"It was made by people right across Canada.", said Morley.

Dave thought for a minute, "Why would you send a quilt across Canada?"

Morley gave him a look, the kind of look she usually reserved for the cats deliberately messing in her flower beds even though they knew they weren't supposed to, "It wasn't shipped across Canada, the people made the pieces and sent them in."

"Oh.", said Dave, then he added, "What's with all the chickens?"

Morley sighed, it was going to be one of those days, "It's a chicken quilt Dave, we are going to raffle it off and buy some chickens for people in the Third World."

"Are you going to buy them real chickens or quilted chickens?", asked Dave...

10Stuart McLeans Vinyl Cafe Empty Re: Stuart McLeans Vinyl Cafe Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:44 am

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Lol I LOVE IT!! Maybe we could send that to him Smile.

11Stuart McLeans Vinyl Cafe Empty Re: Stuart McLeans Vinyl Cafe Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:55 am

chickeesmom

chickeesmom
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

OMG Fowler, I could hear there voices!

12Stuart McLeans Vinyl Cafe Empty Re: Stuart McLeans Vinyl Cafe Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:43 pm

samwise

samwise

Haha! Yeah could totally hear Stuart reading it! Laughing

13Stuart McLeans Vinyl Cafe Empty Re: Stuart McLeans Vinyl Cafe Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:29 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Congrats guys! You all rock. Very Happy

14Stuart McLeans Vinyl Cafe Empty Re: Stuart McLeans Vinyl Cafe Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:12 pm

blackdove

blackdove
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

mirycreek wrote:Yeah we heard it too on the way home from Church, just a little disappointed that Stuart had trouble keeping the name straight and the whole quilt story seemed a little vague, what with the impression that the quilt itself was traveling around the country and the sum total of our fund raising efforts was that "a chicken" was donated to an underdeveloped country? pale

I am a fan of Stuart Mclean but once again was disappointed with the "facts" being mixed up on a subject I knew a little bit about, it always makes me question the other stories that are presented in the news now...

But definitely kudos to Blackdove and Uno and all the other great people who sewed a square and made the wonderful quilt project happen, we know the heroes that you are! Very Happy Very Happy

The next story on his show made quite an impression on all of us... the courageous rescue of a couple injured in a snowmobile accident by three young men who acted as real heroes.

yippee my internet is finally up and running.... cheers

I was a bit disappointed with the lack of facts about the quilt too. I think it would have been nice to have the actual amount we raised talked about - that alone was a huge accomplishment. And uno went to so much work organizing this. Her name should have been mentioned. It would have been cool if they mentioned the winners names too. But, what an honour to win the Arthur award and so sweet of Prospector to nominate us. The whole experience was heartwarming for me. What really left an impression on me were the ones who had never quilted before yet were so willing to give it a try for such a worthy cause! It was an honour to be a part of something so special!! flower

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum