Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

help dj please

+2
CynthiaM
Island Girl
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1help dj please Empty help dj please Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:43 pm

Island Girl

Island Girl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

dj on this site has not been able to post for the past week or so. I know that it has been suggested that she empty her cache, and she has done that but still can't get on. Would someone here be able to help her in any way? I think she may have given up but I miss her on this forum and I am not computer savvy enough to help her.

XOX Monika

2help dj please Empty Re: help dj please Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:55 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Bump. I wonder if she has been helped to get on the site again, there is nothing worse than not being able to. It makes you feel like you have lost your best friend, smiling. Been there, done that, but only for a few hours, a feeling of total emptiness. Can't someone help? Maybe there has been help already, but I am unsure of that, all to have a beautiful and wonderful day, CynthiaM.

3help dj please Empty Re: help dj please Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:21 am

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have not been notified of this problem? If she emails me I can set her up a new password and usually that works.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

4help dj please Empty Would love some more help! Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:44 am

Skeffling Lavender Farm

Skeffling Lavender Farm

I have been trying to get her on, she has cleared history and deleted cookies, rebooted computer, emptied cache (I think-I suggested it), I reset her password and she still can't log in. I think she must have forgotten her password when we all seemed to get logged out. There was confusion over her username (whether she had another), but she knows it is definitely "dj" for login attempts. I do not know what else to do, Jayme. Hope you can help.

http://www.easychickenry.com/articles-by-skeffling-lavender-farm

5help dj please Empty Re: help dj please Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:20 am

Island Girl

Island Girl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Thanks SLF for all your help but she is still having trouble and yes she did empty her cache. Jayme maybe you have a trick up your sleeve that might work. Is there any way that as an administrator you can have her re-register under a different username and again re-set her password. I dunno about this computer stuff but hopefully we can fix it somehow. Many thanks Very Happy

XOX Monika

6help dj please Empty Re: help dj please Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:27 pm

Bowker Acres

Bowker Acres
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I had to do a Java update a while back when I was having trouble with another forum and I did it for someone else when they were having issues as well. It worked both times. After the update is done, get SLF to send another new password. I don't know if it will work, but it is worth a shot.

7help dj please Empty Re: help dj please Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:38 pm

Skeffling Lavender Farm

Skeffling Lavender Farm

Thanks for the tip Bowker Acres. So the person has to do a java update on their computer, or is it something we have to to to the site?

I think dj is on now as far as I know (been offline most of the day, driving down to London to work the week now), both Hidden River and myself resent her password today. Very Happy

8help dj please Empty Re: help dj please Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:45 pm

Bowker Acres

Bowker Acres
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

The person does the update on their computer. I didn't even have to get a new password, I was just able to log on after the update. The only reason I know is that a current Java is required to use the epass website (used for passports and government reporting etc). I had to do an update to renew my passport and had to do it on my computer at work to file some government reports, so I tried it when I had trouble with the other forum. I don't know what exactly it does, but I know current is better.

9help dj please Empty Re: help dj please Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:56 pm

debbiej

Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Hi thank you all for all the help. I really am a menace on a computer. Anyways I tried all sorts of things and finally singed up under my husband's email account as debbiej. Not sure how to clean up the mess I left behind. Maybe I'll see if I can do a java update. Embarassed

10help dj please Empty Re: help dj please Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:01 pm

Skeffling Lavender Farm

Skeffling Lavender Farm

Thanks Bowker, these things are great to know. We take the easy access for granted then it is frustrating being locked out! They never taught us this stuff in school did they? Shocked

So glad you are in Debbie, sorry we couldn't get it to work.

11help dj please Empty Re: help dj please Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:14 am

debbiej

Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Skeffling Lavender Farm wrote:Thanks Bowker, these things are great to know. We take the easy access for granted then it is frustrating being locked out! They never taught us this stuff in school did they? Shocked

So glad you are in Debbie, sorry we couldn't get it to work.

I appreciate all your hard work

12help dj please Empty Re: help dj please Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:21 am

Island Girl

Island Girl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

weeee, you are back Debbie Very Happy

XOX Monika

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum