Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

2 Free Hens

+3
Terre Wilde
BriarwoodPoultry
coopslave
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

12 Free Hens Empty 2 Free Hens Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:22 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have 2 partridge chantecler hens that I will give away free. They are young hens, started laying Feb 2011. One is a bit small and both do not have great pencilling. They have both been good layers, one was a good broody, the other not. Both are in heavy moult at the moment.
I don`t want to use them in my breeding program this year. If you are looking for a couple of layers, they are yours. If not they will stay in my layer pen.

22 Free Hens Empty Re: 2 Free Hens Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:39 pm

BriarwoodPoultry

BriarwoodPoultry
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

What a generous offer. Smile I'm sure someone would love them!

http://briarwoodpoultry.weebly.com

32 Free Hens Empty Re: 2 Free Hens Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:57 am

Terre Wilde

Terre Wilde

How old are the hens? I would love to have them and if they are old enough I could put them with the adult birds - I'm still dealing with Mareks in two of my coops so if you think there would be a risk to their health - we won't go there. I might be coming to the Rock Creek fair this weekend so might be able to pick them up if this is a viable idea.

42 Free Hens Empty Re: 2 Free Hens Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:14 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

You are welcome to them TW. They are about 16 months old. They look a mess at the moment, but the new feathers are starting to come in. I think they are old enough that Mareks probably would not be an issue, but I do not have it hear so I am not sure.
Let me know what day you are coming thru to the fair. We will be there on Saturday, but I would be happy to meet you in Beaverdell, on your way thru, Sunday if you are going then.

52 Free Hens Empty Re: 2 Free Hens Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:03 pm

Terre Wilde

Terre Wilde

So sorry - my internet was down for a few days and I missed your message. I was in Rock Creek on Sunday. I would love to take them if they are still available - are you coming to Kelowna in the next while?

62 Free Hens Empty Re: 2 Free Hens Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:21 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I am coming either tomorrow or Thursday. I will pm you when I know for sure. If not this week, we can meet next as I will be in town again.

72 Free Hens Empty Re: 2 Free Hens Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:52 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Don't know what is going on but every time I read the title, Two Free Hens I hear music and the line "and a partridge in a pear tree" behind it. PLEEEZE tell me this isn't weather related!

82 Free Hens Empty Re: 2 Free Hens Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:25 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Uno, don't you even start with that!!! It is bad enough seeing all the Christmas decorations at Costco without you jumping on the band wagon as well. It can't be close to winter yet, we haven't had time to get all our fire wood!! Shocked

92 Free Hens Empty Re: 2 Free Hens Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:52 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

On the first day of winter my true love gave to me, wood from a beetle killed tree.

On the second day of winter my true love gave to me, two woolen socks...and wood from a beetle killed tree.

On the third day of winter my true love gave to me, three tons of haylage...two woolen socks...and wood from a beetle killed tree. (tr la la)

Any takers?...where is that SingSongSue when you need her?

My apologies Coopslave, I couldn't help myself. cyclops

102 Free Hens Empty Re: 2 Free Hens Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:54 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh that Uno is such a brat!!! Smiling that big smile, beautiful days, CynthiaM.

112 Free Hens Empty Re: 2 Free Hens Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:51 pm

Terre Wilde

Terre Wilde

Coopslave - haven't received a pm from you - if you've changed your mind - no problem at all. Just wanted to let you know I would be happy to take them if you still want to find a new home for them.

122 Free Hens Empty Re: 2 Free Hens Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:41 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sue been sick, not aware of all posts.

I will take up your challenge...

On the fourth day of winter my true love gave to me,
four unmatched mittens...
three tons of haylage...
two woolen socks...
and wood from a beetle killed tree. (tr la la)

Sue

132 Free Hens Empty Re: 2 Free Hens Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:56 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Terre Wilde wrote:Coopslave - haven't received a pm from you - if you've changed your mind - no problem at all. Just wanted to let you know I would be happy to take them if you still want to find a new home for them.

Terre Wilde, so sorry not to have gotten back to you. That was not very nice of me.
I have dispatched them both. The one, coming back into lay, got egg bound and the other I decided was just not a nice hen. She was bossy and pushy and a terrible broody. I don`t think she would have been very good for you, I would have hated to send her there and have her reek havoc! Laughing

142 Free Hens Empty Re: 2 Free Hens Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:04 am

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

Uno and Sue
Through and through
We all knew
We can all count on you

But as the hens are now dead,
its the end I dread
Perhaps you can continue
In a new Christmas song thread!

152 Free Hens Empty Re: 2 Free Hens Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:01 pm

Terre Wilde

Terre Wilde

no problem! I just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed any message you might have sent.

162 Free Hens Empty Re: 2 Free Hens Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:03 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I will let you know if I have any others. I may have a couple more I decide not to use. I am still eye balliing them all! Laughing

172 Free Hens Empty Re: 2 Free Hens Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:41 pm

Terre Wilde

Terre Wilde

That's very kind - thanks coopslave!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum