Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How was the Simpson Sale?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How was the Simpson Sale? Empty How was the Simpson Sale? Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:25 pm

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

For those that attended, how did it go?

2How was the Simpson Sale? Empty Re: How was the Simpson Sale? Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:37 am

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

The sale was average for fall. It was a beautiful day and I think a lot of people were in their fields combining.
I did some sales, paid for the trip up there and was nice to visit and meet with some new people.
The facility was very nice, large spaces for us all, and lots of room for the buyers to walk around. I think a spring sale in this space will be awesome!

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

3How was the Simpson Sale? Empty Re: How was the Simpson Sale? Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:00 pm

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Honestly, I was expecting there to be a lot more people at the sale. But as already pointed out, it is fall/harvest time, so understandable. It was definitely a great place to have the sale.

Hubby and I had a real nice time, even though we didn’t stay very long. I left with a handsome Buff drake from Hidden River Ranch and 4 lovely Barred Rocks from Miry I’m already smitten with. I love you Thank you again Jayme for bringing them up to Simpson. Smile The biggest surprise for me was my DH standing there admiring Hidden’s blue slate turkeys and wondering why we don’t have any. Say wha..? lol If I hadn’t put my foot down (and reminded him we have no place to put turkeys) I would have been riding home with a pair on my lap. Laughing Talk about a role reversal. Rolling Eyes

I’m looking forward to the MJ sale next. So much nicer than the stress fest at auctions…not being able to find a seat really sucks! (among other things...)

4How was the Simpson Sale? Empty Re: How was the Simpson Sale? Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:16 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Flicker tell your hubby he has 3 weeks to put together a Turkey pen, I will have 2 pairs at Moose Jaw sale for him. Laughing

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

5How was the Simpson Sale? Empty Re: How was the Simpson Sale? Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:16 am

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hidden River wrote:Flicker tell your hubby he has 3 weeks to put together a Turkey pen, I will have 2 pairs at Moose Jaw sale for him. Laughing
Ha Ha!
Mine likes ducks, well sort of unless they are attacking his pant leg.. Shocked

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

6How was the Simpson Sale? Empty Re: How was the Simpson Sale? Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:14 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Haha! He wishes! Well, actually so do I. Very Happy Hopefully by next year we’ll be ready to try our hand at some turkeys. Blue slates are now at the top of the list. Along with Royal Palms.

Miry, mine likes adores ducks too. tongue In fact, the entire family has been won over by these silly, loveable characters. And I still can’t believe how well ducks integrate, especially when compared to chickens. Dave, our Saxony drake, only got a wee bit jealous when our new Buff drake, now named T-bone (please don’t ask – I was out voted 4-0 Embarassed ) joined the crew. To be fair, T-bone did act like he owned the place, diving right into the pool with the girl's within seconds of arriving. So the boys had a little spat that involved a neck duel and a few bites to the head/bill. Than Dave ran off to sulk in the corner. We’re watching all this and hubby is voicing his worry/disappointment in Dave, who is the bigger drake and his favorite. Suddenly out of no where, Dave comes charging over and body checks T-bone off the side of the pool and into the water. It was such a smooth, classic move. Laughing We were practically rolling on the ground laughing. Dave rules! LoL The next day Dave and T-bone waddle along everywhere together, all differences worked out and the best of buds. Ducks are wonderful. Very Happy

7How was the Simpson Sale? Empty Re: How was the Simpson Sale? Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:03 am

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hahaha! Great story Flicker. Laughing
I had a few ducks years ago and I do miss the entertainment value. They are such funny, charming characters. Hmm...maybe....one day.....just a few... Question

Too bad the turn-out wasn't a bit better for all of you who sold birds that day. Auction sales are always a bit of a gamble, I suppose.

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum