Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

One of my Hens got Grand Champion in an Ontario Show

+15
Brook
Dark Wing Duck
chickeesmom
coopslave
Fowler
CynthiaM
k.r.l
toybarons
Giddyup
KathyS
rosewood
Carol D
uno
Arcticsun
Hidden River
19 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

I got this email from a lady today, I am just pumped. Kind of sad I had to let my Sussex go but some went to an awesome fellow that will do good by them I am sure. Wink
Hello,

Over a year or two ago a friend of mine ordered a dozen Speckled Sussex hatching eggs from you. I just wanted you to know that one of the hens has won Grand Champion Hen at two different shows/fairs. I just love them and would love to get another dozen this spring!!! They are also very tame and docile. I had two roos in my coop and they never fought!

You are welcome to use the attached pictures in any advertisement if you like. I also love the Blue Cochins and just got three yesterday from a friend of mine. Hoping to get some hatching eggs form them too.

Thanks again,
Chantal

Here are the pictures of the hen.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

WOW!
Huge congrats!

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

So nice to have someone take the time to notify you with the good news. A feather in your cap! Way to go, good birds!

Carol D

Congratulations!!

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

Congrats from here.

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

Now that is something to feel really proud of! What a great accomplishment, being the breeder of a Grand Champion! cheers

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

Giddyup

Giddyup

Awesome! Was wondering what a top notch would look like. Don't think Squeaky will have a show career but we did start thinking of adding some.
How nice that she followed up with you!

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

cheers congrates!

k.r.l

k.r.l
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

What an awesome accomplishment! Nice to see Speckled Sussex do well in some shows!
I love this breed. I have a few from Hidden and they are all nice friendly girls. Tillie has done well in both shows I entered her in.

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hidden, what a lovely thing to hear, what a nice thing for this person to do, to let you know, you should feel very proud of this, shows that you have a nice line there. Speckled sussex are a very pretty bird. Congrats!! Have a wonderful day, CynthiaM.

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Very impressive! cheers

I don't see the pictures though. Is it just me?

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hidden that must have given you a nice feeling inside. How nice for the people to let you know as well.
She is a lovely example of the bird. They are not an easy bird to breed at all and she did well to place so high.
Well done!

chickeesmom

chickeesmom
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Fowler I can see the pics, but can't on some other posts, not sure what that is about.
Congrats Jayme, that is incredable.

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

chickeesmom wrote:Fowler I can see the pics, but can't on some other posts, not sure what that is about.
Congrats Jayme, that is incredable.

Interesting. If I press "quote" I can see that the images are there. They just don't show up on my screen.

Dark Wing Duck

Dark Wing Duck
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Congratulations!!! Very Happy

Brook

New Here

So nice to get positive feedback!

All too often we only hear about the complaints...

Great job on your breeding program!

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Good news like that is always nice to hear Smile way to go!

liz

liz
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Those look like some "Beefy" girls! Good job! There will be no stopping you at the shows now!

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Liz it will be Kyle we have to watch out for now, he took the nicest remaining hens I had when I had to downsize. Hopefully we can do as well with some of the breeds we decided to keep, just have to learn a lot more about them...

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

Dan Smith

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Heh Jayme, That must have been a good year for you with Speckled Sussex because that was when I bought some from you and then KLR bought my nicest one from me at the Red Deer sale and then he entered her in a show ( I think it was the Wetaskewin show ) and she won not only the breed but if I remember correctly she also won her group. It looks like Kyle is snagging all the nice Speckled Sussex around.

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Wow, congrats Jayme! cheers That is just plain awesome. Cool

k.r.l

k.r.l
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Yeah Dan that is my plan... Twisted Evil I hope to build up a solid flock of these birds! I think they are a very under rated Breed/Variety.

Glad I bought that hen from you at the CHB spring sale last year! Hopefully her offspring turnout like her!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum