Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hurricane Irene

+4
jocelyn
rosewood
Island Girl
Fowler
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hurricane Irene Empty Hurricane Irene Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:28 pm

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Is in the process of rolling through. Been raining all day, at times ,harder than you'd find in your shower. The whole yard is mostly a puddle. Had to chase the ducks in tonight. They, at least, like this weather. If it keeps up, there will probably be flooding in some areas.

Haven't lost power yet but we're ready just in case. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

2Hurricane Irene Empty Re: Hurricane Irene Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:32 pm

Island Girl

Island Girl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

My prayers are with you, keep safe!

XOX Monika

3Hurricane Irene Empty Re: Hurricane Irene Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:41 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

Our prayers are with you as well.

4Hurricane Irene Empty Re: Hurricane Irene Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:22 pm

Stay safe.

5Hurricane Irene Empty Re: Hurricane Irene Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:16 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ugh, what a night. The storm was obviously affecting the animals. Sheep didn't want to go out in the morning and then didn't want to come in at night. Birds were restless too. Didn't realize how much it was affecting me too. Hard time falling asleep last night and then we would wake at the slightest thing. Going to be a long day with much coffee.

Some high winds last night and the worst is supposed to hit later this morning.

6Hurricane Irene Empty Irene Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:45 am

jocelyn

How are you doing now, Fowler? Windy here, but very little rain. Chickens didn't want to go in last night...I went out 4 times and got soaked, trying to get them in. In the end, one roo stayed out all night, didn't show up till this morning. He appears to have slept in the grove of spruce and pine behind the barn. We have lost a few branches off the walnuts, they are brittler than some trees. Everything else looks good. How about you?

Jocelyn

7Hurricane Irene Empty Re: Hurricane Irene Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:06 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Stay safe everyone!

8Hurricane Irene Empty Re: Hurricane Irene Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:09 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

This is dreadful, wind is something that scares me and it seems that this storm was a bad one, I hope all has been safe, with no hurt beings, critters and property. Have a great day, CynthiaM.

9Hurricane Irene Empty Re: Hurricane Irene Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:17 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

From what they're saying, it's not as bad as it could have been. Still windy here today and over 50,000 without power. We lost it for a little while last night but it came back on. Hope it stays on because, from what I've heard, they're not bothering with much repairs until it's all over.

Our place seems to be OK. Some branches down but no trees.

10Hurricane Irene Empty Re: Hurricane Irene Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:45 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here is what the east coast has had to endure, shot from the safe distance of outer space. I do hope this is the end of it and that you're just feeling the ragtag ends of the storm dissipating.

Take care.

11Hurricane Irene Empty Re: Hurricane Irene Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:44 am

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

why do they have to give them girl's names? I feel personally responsible this time!
I

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

12Hurricane Irene Empty Re: Hurricane Irene Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:18 pm

pops coops

pops coops
Golden Member
Golden Member

I think they give tem girls names because they can be calm and collected one min. and then !!

http://www.popscoops.com

13Hurricane Irene Empty Re: Hurricane Irene Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:24 pm

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

mirycreek wrote:why do they have to give them girl's names?

Because

1. a man's name would be too obvious, everyone expects men to be full of wind and destructive, and

2. any man's name would just sound like a pro wrestler (go ahead and try it "Hurricane _______ versus Andre the Giant!!!")

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum