Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

This year is just too tragic.....more bad news

+4
uno
Prairie Chick
Hidden River
cbrookkelly
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

cbrookkelly

cbrookkelly
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Maybe we should have a new year's eve party early and say goodbye to 2011??

My rescue Dobie that is from Dan SMith originally and is the most sweetest dog ever just may have beginning stages of bone cancer. The vet is pretty sure but we have sent samples and exrays off to another expert just to verify what we saw on x-rays this am. I am so sad.....Sam is a dream dog. He has the best personality and isso protective of his family. It is in a back foot so amputation will not be considered. He will be kept as pain free as possibly and decisions will be made considering quality of life.

I am so done with the summer of 2011.

Pray for Sam that this is something curable....will know for certain withing 24 hours.

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

I am with you on that Kelly. And Sam is in our prayers and thoughts today, hoping for good news for you tomorrow.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

So sorry Kelly, your in my thoughts and prayers.

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

I am very sorry to hear this. You've had a lot on your plate recently, it doesn't seem fair.

We lost a dog to bone cancer. Had I known what was in store I would have put him down much sooner. We kept him and kept trying treatments and his level of pain must have been unbelievable. But dogs are stoic and don't let on. By the time I did put him down, I felt horrible for having kept him as long as I did. He had deteriorated in so many ways, and he would wake us all with his screams of pain in the middle of the night.

You are in a terrible situation and I would gladly fast forward this year to a new one for you, if I could.

Last edited by uno on Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Very, very sorry to hear of your challenges.
It has been a terrible year for me as well. I say away with 2011 and bring on 2012!

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sorry to hear that about your dog Kelly. Hope the news is not as bad as you fear.

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I'm so sorry. I know how it feels to worry over that "once in a lifetime dog". My Tempest is that dog for me- doubt I'll ever have a more wonderful dog. He has hip dysplasia which is curable with surgery, but also has a heart problem that will make surgery riskier. I keep putting it off, but it will have to be done this fall. I hope the news is better than what they think- it can happen. Good luck, I'll be thinking of you both.

Giddyup

Giddyup

I'm sorry to see this! Is this the dog that just came to your family this year? I hope you get better news.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum