Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What woke you up this morning?

+11
Giddyup
poplar girl
Blue Hill Farm
appway
rosewood
chickeesmom
Schipperkesue
silkiebantam
cbrookkelly
uno
Hillbilly
15 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What woke you up this morning? Empty What woke you up this morning? Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:47 pm

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Alarm clock? Noisy crow? Neighbors lawnmower?

Take a hike into the forest. West coast forest.
Now cutout a section in the middle and add some grass.
This is where I live.

And this is what wakes me up, in the middle of nowhere;

Close your eyes and imagine this. Two hockey teams facing each other, sticks in the air. They then have a hockey stick fight. All of them at once.
Then, the squeals of a pair of whales. Not the low, peaceful song. More akin to a lost whale calling for its pod.

Now that you're totally confused, as I was, awoken from my deep slumber, I will tell you that two bull elk decided 4AM was a good time to have a little wresting match less than 50 yards from my bedroom window.

I will also tell you its 10X as bad when there's 20 of them here in the fall when the rut is on.

2What woke you up this morning? Empty Re: What woke you up this morning? Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:56 pm

Maybe they have swollen.........? Owie...nevermind.

3What woke you up this morning? Empty Re: What woke you up this morning? Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:57 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

A strong yearning for a cup of coffee woke me, but yours is way better!

4What woke you up this morning? Empty Re: What woke you up this morning? Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:07 pm

Last edited by reneggaide on Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

5What woke you up this morning? Empty Re: What woke you up this morning? Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:40 pm

cbrookkelly

cbrookkelly
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Two 3 month old kittens racing each other through the hall and into my room and they crashed into the bed leg...their squeals of delight/pain/or just plain "gotcha" woke us up giggling Laughing

soon we will be hearing the elk buglings too. I sometimes get up just before sunrise to stand on the back deck to listen to them....

6What woke you up this morning? Empty Re: What woke you up this morning? Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:29 pm

silkiebantam

silkiebantam
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I would love to wake up to that.

This morning the window was shut when I woke up, so it was quiet. My first thought was, Holy Cow! It's 5:20! Dang! I slept in! ha ha! I like to get up before everyone else when the house is quiet. I love mornings and am usually up by 5am.

Last week I was woken a few times in the night and could hear wolves howling (A pack of wolf went through by the river), and the hooting of the owl.

Usually I hear Roosters crowing and birds singing in the morning if the window is open.

http://klewnufarms.blogspot.com/

7What woke you up this morning? Empty Re: What woke you up this morning? Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:38 pm

My nine year old son asking if he can cuddle with me and the wife .......he's cold ??

8What woke you up this morning? Empty Re: What woke you up this morning? Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:02 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sadly it was a phone call from a friend asking me to meet him at the vet's office. Cinder, a dog I campaigned years ago and retired with my friend as a classroom dog was euthanized today. Cinder was 15.

Sue

9What woke you up this morning? Empty Re: What woke you up this morning? Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:37 pm

chickeesmom

chickeesmom
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Being mostly deaf with out my hearing aids I don't wake up to any noise, I had two grandsons for a sleep over, when i woke up at 7:30 and came to check on them and close the door so I could make coffee and not wake them.........they were gone!!
Mom and Dad had picked them up at 7.
I think I have Bud convinced that I need a small yappy dog, or some kind of alarm system for when he's away working.

10What woke you up this morning? Empty Re: What woke you up this morning? Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:30 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

The neighbour's dog is in heat and has the whole neighbour awake the whole night. This is a dog that relatively speaking needs a six foot ladder to be at the same height as the rest of the dogs around us. Our dogs are inside at night, but their sense of hearing and smell will tell them that the B is around the house.

Our grand daugther climbed into bed with us and add to the sleeplessness as she was having a restless night.

11What woke you up this morning? Empty Re: What woke you up this morning? Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:39 pm

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

Rooster's crowing, Ducks Quacking and geese Honking all at 5:00
Also the chicks and poults and Keets in the brooders knowing I am waking up all start talking
Its wonderful hearing all that in the mornings
Maybe thats why I am Crazy and hatch all year long.
I just love mornings enjoying all of them while I am outside also

12What woke you up this morning? Empty Re: What woke you up this morning? Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:06 pm

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

I love bird noises too appway. Smile Sometimes in the evenings I’ll go outside to do a "coop check" just to stand there and listen to my chooks making their funny prehistoric sounds. It's great. lol

reneggaide wrote:30 Roos have me trained to wake up just before sunrise and wait for it.

^ Best alarm clock ever.

I’ve missed having a rooster around the place. I’m so looking forward to when all mine start crowing. Should be quite the morning chorus. Laughing

13What woke you up this morning? Empty Re: What woke you up this morning? Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:55 pm

poplar girl

poplar girl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

My baby brother making coffee in his kitchen. We went to visit and it was great to see him!

Normally I just wake up at about 5am, no noises needed.

14What woke you up this morning? Empty Re: What woke you up this morning? Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:57 pm

poplar girl

poplar girl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

My baby brother making coffee in his kitchen. We went to visit and it was great to see him!

Normally I just wake up at about 5am, no noises needed.

15What woke you up this morning? Empty Re: What woke you up this morning? Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:04 pm

Giddyup

Giddyup

A giant monster funny looking BC Hydro truck with lifts and airbrakes and hydrolic something or others going off for 20 min outside my house at 3:45 am. Cannot believe it didnt' wake the baby (bedroom on roadside of the house).
But usually it's our roo, waaay down in his coop, or the baby, whichever comes first between 5:30 am or 6.

16What woke you up this morning? Empty Re: What woke you up this morning? Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:40 pm

loushrop

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

My grandson brought his bug house into my house and he let his crickets out. I woke up to crickets chirping. Actually they chirped all nite and I couldn't find them so not much sleep at all. But all in all not a bad way to wake up. Lou

17What woke you up this morning? Empty Re: What woke you up this morning? Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:04 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

loushrop wrote: My grandson brought his bug house into my house and he let his crickets out. I woke up to crickets chirping. Actually they chirped all nite and I couldn't find them so not much sleep at all. But all in all not a bad way to wake up. Lou

That was just your conscience bothering you. Pinnochio had the same problem. Done anything bad lately?

Can't say that I wake up to anything unusual. I tend to wake up about the same time every day.

18What woke you up this morning? Empty Re: What woke you up this morning? Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:19 am

loushrop

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Fowler you are so bad. lol Lou

19What woke you up this morning? Empty Re: What woke you up this morning? Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:32 am

silkiebantam

silkiebantam
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

It wasn't so much what woke me up this morning, but, what I woke up to. What an awesome sunrise! I grabbed my camera and ran out the door, and down to the river (got soaked in the long grass) and snapped a couple pictures. Ha ha! What woke me up, was on my way back I stopped to take a picture, and turned around and there was a bear standing on the road behind me. I could have hit him with a rock! I didn't even hear him come out of the bush. He went his way, and I went mine... back home for coffee.

Standing on the road infront of my house.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Down at the river. Getting to see sights like this, makes me wonder how people can lay in bed in the morning. They are missing the best part of the day. I don't like to miss an opportunity to watch a sunrise. Every time it makes me feel incredibly blessed to be alive, and thankful for a new day.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

http://klewnufarms.blogspot.com/

20What woke you up this morning? Empty Re: What woke you up this morning? Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:43 am

chickeesmom

chickeesmom
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Wow, what a beautiful picture, I'm gonna get up earlier tomorrow!! ha ha

21What woke you up this morning? Empty Re: What woke you up this morning? Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:15 am

karona

karona
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

The sound of my dog who sleeps on the bed
starting to throw up.
That got my attention fast.

22What woke you up this morning? Empty Re: What woke you up this morning? Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:17 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Silkiebantam, between your unique life and incredible skills behind the lens, you really are hiding your light under a bushel. You should be published!

23What woke you up this morning? Empty Re: What woke you up this morning? Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:11 pm

pops coops

pops coops
Golden Member
Golden Member

I woke up to what I wake up to most mornings the parrotlets singing or ther best they can Nana Diamonds says it sounds like spring every morning at our house and of course Nemo and Sydney having a conversation with themselves ( Sydney and Nemo are Eclectus parrots ) when they talk they have a conversation repeating things we have said and one sounds just like me and the other just like Nana

http://www.popscoops.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum