Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is this wry tail? (pics)

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Is this wry tail? (pics) Empty Is this wry tail? (pics) Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:41 pm

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Is this wry tail? (pics) Chickenpics2011352use
Is this wry tail? (pics) Chickenpics2011345use
Is this wry tail? (pics) Chickenpics2011350use

I suspect it might be, but thought I’d get a few more opinions first.

I know I read about wry tail somewhere, but can’t recall if it is dominant or recessive. Anyone know?

2Is this wry tail? (pics) Empty Re: Is this wry tail? (pics) Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:59 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

It looks like it may be but it is very difficult to tell from a picture. If you suspect it is, do not breed from this bird!

3Is this wry tail? (pics) Empty Re: Is this wry tail? (pics) Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:08 pm

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yeah, it was hard to get a good pic of what I'm seeing. This little pullet seems to hold her tail just slightly to the one side. The last pic shows it the best. Is it possible it's a quirk she'll out grow?

And no, she won't be bred if it is indeed wry tail. Sad

4Is this wry tail? (pics) Empty Re: Is this wry tail? (pics) Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:03 am

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

I heard that there is weak tail and also wry tail, in the weak tail, it moves around to different sides but is never held straight. Apparently if you put her in a windy place (like Sk!!) she can strengthen those tail muscles up but if it is wry tail it will not move around but always be held to one side (same side) and it is genetic and should not be kept as a breeder.

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

5Is this wry tail? (pics) Empty Re: Is this wry tail? (pics) Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:57 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ok, thanks Miry. Shouldn’t be a problem finding a windy spot around here. Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum