Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Almost forgot about this place...

+2
BriarwoodPoultry
Hawthorne Heritage
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Almost forgot about this place... Empty Almost forgot about this place... Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:02 pm

Hawthorne Heritage

Hawthorne Heritage
New Here

Well guys, I hope some of you recognize me. I haven't been posting much at all but I've decided to make this place my main 'Chicken' forum, so expect to see a lot more of me!

Things have been extremely busy lately. I just finished up a 2 week horse show so took a day for some down time and am now back at it. Chickens are doing well, have some eggs from Dan Smith that went into lock down today. Yippee! Also working on a website for the farm that I'll be posting soon Very Happy

So, what's new with all of you? Any of you still incubating or brooding chicks? How's life on the farm been this summer?

http://hawthorneheritagefarm.weebly.com

2Almost forgot about this place... Empty Re: Almost forgot about this place... Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:20 pm

BriarwoodPoultry

BriarwoodPoultry
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Hey! Nice to see you here, this place is getting busier and busier by the day, it's great Smile (the auction forum on here is pretty neat, and very tempting!)

Glad to hear you are still incubating, too, makes me feel less like a crazy chicken lady. I have eggs in lockdown today and so far one wheaten ameraucana chick.... more to come I"m sure. I have turkey eggs that are half way there, and some other poultry eggs for a friend of mine that have ten days left in the oven!

Are you getting any pullet eggs yet? My first hatch of the year pullets have been laying for nearly 3 weeks now, some full sized beautiful eggs!!! I'm so excited! It's kind of nice to have chicks so early in the year and to see the 'final product' in the form of eggs while it's still summer!

Looking forward to seeing your website Smile

http://briarwoodpoultry.weebly.com

3Almost forgot about this place... Empty Re: Almost forgot about this place... Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:42 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

Welcome back. The forum seems to be growing. It has a lot of knowledgeable people as active members.

4Almost forgot about this place... Empty Re: Almost forgot about this place... Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:10 am

Skeffling Lavender Farm

Skeffling Lavender Farm

Hi Hawthorne, This is my main place too, and a breed specific forum I made for Euskal oiloa. I may be slightly crazier than you guys as we just only just put about 30 EO eggs under 3 broodies on Monday as we are now staying on our farm and "I don't want to lose the whole year" for breeding Very Happy I left it just a bit late to get a bator (sold mine in the spring), so will entrust 3 first time broodies Shocked Que sera sera, if they mess up, it wasn't meant to be!

Hope the horse show went well Very Happy

http://www.easychickenry.com/articles-by-skeffling-lavender-farm

5Almost forgot about this place... Empty Re: Almost forgot about this place... Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:35 am

JaerhonChanteclerEuskies

JaerhonChanteclerEuskies

Welcome back

6Almost forgot about this place... Empty Re: Almost forgot about this place... Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:34 pm

Hawthorne Heritage

Hawthorne Heritage
New Here

Thanks for the welcome back all!

Briarwood, no pullet eggs for me yet. I admit that I started hatching eggs quite late this year... I'm tempted to set some more! I'm sure the chicks could handle the mild BC winter? I think we are all 'Crazy Chicken Ladies'... at least my family seems to think so Laughing

Skeffling, good luck with your broodies! Hope they do well for you. There is nothing cuter than a mother hen with a trail of chicks following her through the yard. I love you

http://hawthorneheritagefarm.weebly.com

7Almost forgot about this place... Empty Re: Almost forgot about this place... Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:07 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Welcome back Hawthorne. Smile

You're in good company here with chicken crazies enthusiasts. Wink Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum