Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sasquatch is alive and well in Usk!

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sasquatch is alive and well in Usk! Empty Sasquatch is alive and well in Usk! Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:18 pm

silkiebantam

silkiebantam
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Sitting here the other morning. I looked out my window and couldn't believe my eyes! Right across the way, was Big Foot, making a pig out of himself on Cherries!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

http://klewnufarms.blogspot.com/

2Sasquatch is alive and well in Usk! Empty Re: Sasquatch is alive and well in Usk! Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:23 pm

nuthatch333

nuthatch333
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

lol: a picture is worth a thousand words.

3Sasquatch is alive and well in Usk! Empty Re: Sasquatch is alive and well in Usk! Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:40 pm

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh dear. If I saw that outside my window I wouldn’t know whether to grab the camera or run and hide. LOL

4Sasquatch is alive and well in Usk! Empty Re: Sasquatch is alive and well in Usk! Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:20 pm

silkiebantam

silkiebantam
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Ok, Here's the story on the picture. I'm sure you guys guessed it was actually a bear.

A couple days before the picture, I took my kids to pick raspberries over where the trees are, but kept getting a whiff of something stinky. The bush, and growth in our are is very thick so you can't see into it at all. So, I decided that maybe there was a bear. This fellow has confirmed my suspicions! It's hang out is right where I want to be! Now I'm to nervous to go there to pick! As much as I want Raspberries, I'm just not sure it's worth the risk (Unless, I can convince my husband to go with me. I don't want to bring the kids with me anymore. I'm sure it was close by last time I was there, and I was just smelling the stinker. The tree's are big because they are pretty old I think. And left to go wild. Not sure what type of cherry they are, but maybe they are Queen Annes (they have a yellow sort of color to them.)

The picture is a little blurry because it was a darkish rainy morning and I took it from my deck. I watched it for a few minutes, then rang the loud cow (bear) bell that I have hanging by my door, especially to scare bears. It looked at me for a moment, then climbed down, and disappeared.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

http://klewnufarms.blogspot.com/

5Sasquatch is alive and well in Usk! Empty Re: Sasquatch is alive and well in Usk! Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:01 pm

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yep, I figured it was a bear. I’d be utterly terrified, erm alittle nervous too having that guy hanging out in my backyard. Glad the bell trick worked, but he'll probably be back for more cherries. I wonder if playing loud music would deter him from the area?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum