Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Recent Post button

+4
Susan
Island Girl
coopslave
Roots
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Recent Post button Empty Recent Post button Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:07 pm

Roots

Can I click on anything to see the latest posts? I will have dial up soon and it could help stream line the surfing.

2Recent Post button Empty Re: Recent Post button Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:35 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Roots wrote:Can I click on anything to see the latest posts? I will have dial up soon and it could help stream line the surfing.

On the right hand side there is a `view posts since last visit`, I use that.

3Recent Post button Empty Re: Recent Post button Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:47 pm

Island Girl

Island Girl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I also use the 'view posts since last visit' but would LOVE a recent posts button!

XOX Monika

4Recent Post button Empty Re: Recent Post button Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:29 pm

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Yes please! A recent button would be really nice! Now that this is my main site, I find it frustrating that if I reply to a post I have to press back about 6 times to get back to the most current topics. Smile

5Recent Post button Empty Re: Recent Post button Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:02 pm

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

I never even noticed there were such buttons until reading this. Refresh is my friend. Laughing

6Recent Post button Empty Re: Recent Post button Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:06 pm

Roots

Susan wrote:Yes please! A recent button would be really nice! Now that this is my main site, I find it frustrating that if I reply to a post I have to press back about 6 times to get back to the most current topics. Smile
Perhaps Hidden River would consider adding this feature

7Recent Post button Empty Re: Recent Post button Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:10 pm

Roots

Flicker Chick wrote:I never even noticed there were such buttons until reading this. Refresh is my friend. Laughing
It is a feature on another site that I like to use. But I think you have to be a member for it to work.

8Recent Post button Empty Re: Recent Post button Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:36 pm

JaerhonChanteclerEuskies

JaerhonChanteclerEuskies

View posts since last visit works for me.

9Recent Post button Empty Re: Recent Post button Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:52 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

So far all I can find is the post since last visit and on the main page at the bottom you can use the "top 20 posts" or "today's posts" buttons.
I am adding another person as an administrator next week and when she has time she will be able to figure these things out for us all. Very Happy

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

10Recent Post button Empty Re: Recent Post button Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:39 pm

Island Girl

Island Girl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Yoohoo SLF, when you have some spare time (lol), some of us are in need of a 'recent posts' button!

XOX Monika

11Recent Post button Empty Re: Recent Post button Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:48 pm

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I don't think its an option on this particular hosting site. We should wait until the admins have time to research it.

12Recent Post button Empty Re: Recent Post button Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:57 pm

Island Girl

Island Girl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Hillbilly wrote: I don't think its an option on this particular hosting site. We should wait until the admins have time to research it.

I know nothing about hosting sites but it would be a shame if its not an option. I am sure SLF will research it well and I can live with the 'View posts since last visit' but I sure do miss the 'recent posts' button. Creature of habit I guess.

XOX Monika

13Recent Post button Empty Re: Recent Post button Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:05 pm

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I haven't done any administrative work with this host, but generally, with most forums that feature is enabled by default.

14Recent Post button Empty Re: Recent Post button Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:32 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well once September rolls around and SLF has more time maybe she can see what I am missing. I cannot find it anywhere. There is a recent post feed I can put on the side of the forum that scrolls the most recent posts of the day but that is it, and I dont know how that will affect the people trying to view the forum on their phones so took it off right away.
There is a "todays active topics" button at the bottom of the home page that works basically the same way as the recent posts button on other forums, the only time it doesnt work is if you have been away for a couple days.
I find the view posts since last visit button works really well, you can keep hitting it over and over in the same viewing session and it will keep the same posts up, it isnt until you log off or go off the site that it resets and then you could miss something if you didnt read them all at that time.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

15Recent Post button Empty Re: Recent Post button Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:38 pm

Island Girl

Island Girl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Thanks HR for checking into it again. I did have that scrolly thing for a few minutes and then it was gone, lol. Thought I was losing my mind for a minute! scratch

XOX Monika

16Recent Post button Empty Re: Recent Post button Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:45 pm

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

The phone version is still in its beta stage, and doesn't allow users to post. Accessing the site on a phone in the classic view, is painful, but to make posts, necessary. Thanks HR for not enabling that feature.
I could however, let you know how it affects phone users if you are curious.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum