Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Darn Canada Post again!!!

+7
Dan Smith
nuthatch333
rosewood
k.r.l
Fowler
Cathyjk
Hidden River
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Darn Canada Post again!!! Empty Darn Canada Post again!!! Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:04 am

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ok with the strike being over now for what a month? They are still having issues. I sent a package to Ontario, valuable eggs someone really wanted, and they never said a thing at the post office when I dropped the package off. Now the eggs are sitting in Regina and they are calling it a Force Majeure, which basically means they are overloaded and will not get the package to the recipient in the alloted time. Also they wil not refund any shipping because they call it "out of their control", absolute BS!!!

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

2Darn Canada Post again!!! Empty Re: Darn Canada Post again!!! Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:09 am

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

That really stinks! I mean they don't make their committments lots of the times when everything is aligned.
It takes 9 days to send a letter from Cranbrook to Calgary.. I could crawl there faster.

Cathy

P.S, It took over a week to get my overnight delivery of eggs from Saskatchewan to Calgary....

3Darn Canada Post again!!! Empty Re: Darn Canada Post again!!! Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:27 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

If they aren't taking responsibility for timely delivery, what are you paying for?

If I wanted to pay someone money to deliver a package "someday, whenever I get around to it", I could find lots of people who could fit that bill. Don't need Canada Post for that.

4Darn Canada Post again!!! Empty Re: Darn Canada Post again!!! Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:52 am

k.r.l

k.r.l
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Sorry to hear that Hidden. Sure makes shipping eggs tough enough without delays in transport. Hope they get it straightened around quickly.

5Darn Canada Post again!!! Empty Re: Darn Canada Post again!!! Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:31 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

I've used the big grey dog for deliveries several times this year with good results, but I know that there have been cases of poor service. I've also used the "transport needed" member service with less than ideal results.

6Darn Canada Post again!!! Empty Re: Darn Canada Post again!!! Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:27 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yes I should have requested they use Purolator for the extra they paid canada post anyways, but I figured we were past any problems now...

7Darn Canada Post again!!! Empty Re: Darn Canada Post again!!! Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:05 pm

nuthatch333

nuthatch333
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

You have to be careful with couriers too. I had some eggs shipped to me a few weeks ago via courier and after two weeks they were returned to the sender. Apparently they said the address was inadequate, it was a rural route which I understand them not delivering too but they could have phoned me to pick it up at the station or they should not have accepted it in the first place.
I have had horrible luck with Canada post too so yes maybe time to try greyhound.

8Darn Canada Post again!!! Empty Re: Darn Canada Post again!!! Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:30 pm

Dan Smith

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I have been using Greyhound since Canada Post went on strike and almost every order has arrived the following day and I have found them cheaper than Canada Post express post. The exception was when I had eggs sent to me from another member on here and it took three days and even then they didn't call me when it arrived which they say that they always do so I didn't get it until 4 days . But never the less I am so grateful to have the eggs and hope to get a few chicks.

9Darn Canada Post again!!! Empty Re: Darn Canada Post again!!! Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:19 am

LynBar Ranch

LynBar Ranch

I order quite a bit from Ebay AND son has a birthday coming up, so contacted CP about their delivery times. GET THIS:
ONLY as of today, can we expect the regular delivery times!!
Stuff that was sent from ON to here, just came today-was sent last Monday!! The sender was told 5 days.....

http://LynBarRanch.com

10Darn Canada Post again!!! Empty Re: Darn Canada Post again!!! Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:11 am

JaerhonChanteclerEuskies

JaerhonChanteclerEuskies

really sorry for yor loss

11Darn Canada Post again!!! Empty Re: Darn Canada Post again!!! Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:29 am

I guess one has to ask them outright what kind of service they are suppling and what the delivery date will be , then ask for someone to sign saying that that is there promise to you as a customer .Anyone selling a service should be upfront about anything that could affect a delivery and by telling them that you're sending hatching eggs should be enough to let them know that they can't be out somewhere that takes longer then the promised date .If they can't promise this then I would think that it is time to find a different service supplier .

12Darn Canada Post again!!! Empty Re: Darn Canada Post again!!! Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:04 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Fowler wrote:If they aren't taking responsibility for timely delivery, what are you paying for?

Exactly my thought.

That so called service stinks on so many levels. And the “no refund” is totally unacceptable. Canada Post FAILED to do their job and should be held accountable. Hidden, I think you need to go higher up the ladder, as much of a pain as it is. I hope you can get this resolved and rightly.

13Darn Canada Post again!!! Empty Re: Darn Canada Post again!!! Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:51 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well they made it there today so not sure why the email to me about the problems but glad they are there and none broken. cheers

14Darn Canada Post again!!! Empty Re: Darn Canada Post again!!! Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:07 pm

rowdyrooster

rowdyrooster

They must be even slow getting an e-mail out too!!! No way them eggs made it from Regina to the costumer over night.

Reg.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum