Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Call me curious...

+10
viczoe
rosewood
poplar girl
nuthatch333
coopslave
chickeesmom
rowdyrooster
Fowler
ipf
Blue Hill Farm
14 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Call me curious... Empty Call me curious... Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:30 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

After reading some of the responses on another thread I got curious as to how many poultry forums on average people belong too? Question

I belong to three in total.

BYC – rarely post, mostly just read. I find it very fast paced, but with some good info if you like to dig.

ACE – post occasionally, read occasionally. I used to post there a lot more, but fear of unintentionally breaking the rules and the ban hammer has left me more cautious.

WCPS – post often, read often. Yay! Very Happy

2Call me curious... Empty Re: Call me curious... Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:58 am

ipf

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Also on three -
Classroom at the Coop - international, mostly genetics;
This one (most frequented);
Canadian Poultry and homesteading.
Used to be on ACE; I posted my good-bye together with a complaint about the heavy censorship and wholesale removal of posts the admin didn't like, and was reprimanded in detail, and then removed. Shame, because I used to spend quite a bit of time there.

3Call me curious... Empty Re: Call me curious... Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:10 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

I'm on 4.

Here.
Canadian Poultry and Homesteading.
Chicken Talk.
and ACE.

Haven't been posting so much lately. Just doing more lurking I guess.

4Call me curious... Empty Re: Call me curious... Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:47 am

rowdyrooster

rowdyrooster

now let me see?

chicken talk
canadian poultry
here
the poultry forum (UK)
backyard chickens (US)
backyard chickens & poultry canada
backyard poultry info.(the land down under)
ACE

so that makes eight, now I don't post much but I am always here

Reg.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

5Call me curious... Empty Re: Call me curious... Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:00 am

chickeesmom

chickeesmom
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I belong to five,
BYC, not sure why, I never go there anymore
Showbirdbid message boards, Chantecler site
Canadian poultry and homesteading,
ACE
and this is the one I read and use the most.

6Call me curious... Empty Re: Call me curious... Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:08 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I belong to quite a few, but don`t always go to them.

WCPS-check here daily and look forward to it being more active.
ACE-still go there and occasionally get my hands slapped. Rolling Eyes
BYP-the Australian forum I am still active in. So much amazing information for my breeding endeavors.
Classroom@thecoop-used to be one of my favourites, haven't been there in a while.
APF-another Australian forum, really good info there too. More good breeding info.
Showbird message board-only look at Chantecler stuff once in a while there.
CP&H-am a member but don't go there much.
BYC-I almost never go there.

I am a member to all of them, but rarely go to most. Sometimes just if I have something specific to look for.

7Call me curious... Empty Re: Call me curious... Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:09 am

nuthatch333

nuthatch333
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I am on
Canadian Poultry and Homesteading
Canadian Chooks forums
ACE
The Canadian Family Cow

I post on all, but very seldom anymore on ACE for the same reasons sited by others. I prefer Canadain sites as it opens the possiblility of actually doing business with the members. On each forum there are people that I respect very much that are not necessarily on the other sites. There is such a vast reservoir of knowledge to tap into on these sites I feel compelled to maintain a presence on all these sites. Unfortunately this means that posts get diluted among the various sites.
I can say that this site is by far my favorite site and the one I post the most on.

8Call me curious... Empty Re: Call me curious... Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:33 pm

poplar girl

poplar girl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Canadian poultry and homesteading
ACE
WCPS
Euskal oiloa (new, devoted to the EO breed)

I lurk on BYC too Embarassed

9Call me curious... Empty Re: Call me curious... Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:05 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

I'm on three- ACE, Canadian Family Cow & Homestead and this one. I was a mod on ACE until the admin made some decisions that I disagreed with. The Family Cow is a boring. Some Okanagan members seem to be moving towards this forum. I usually check and post on either this forum or ACE.

10Call me curious... Empty Re: Call me curious... Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:37 pm

For poultry forums I'm on here and Canadian Chooks (a Yuku forum) which is much quieter but I am friends with the Mod and she's not on here so it's one way to stay in touch.

I asked to be removed from ACE after some member bullying forced me to stand by my ethics and disassociate from that which I am seriously against, but which I can't do much except protest by removing myself. I didn't want to condone by inaction. I doubt it was noticed but I know it.

11Call me curious... Empty Re: Call me curious... Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:50 am

viczoe

viczoe
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

WCPS- check everyday
Showbird boards- post very occasionally
BYC-Only look in a couple times a year
Ace- Banned, for speaking the truth and I never look in.

I am really to busy to handle more than one forum but do enjoy the one I check everyday.
Heather

http://www.triple-h.ca

12Call me curious... Empty Re: Call me curious... Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:57 am

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

You are all very valuable members of this forum. I really enjoy reading all your posts and I know in time this forum will be the best thing going.
And really I am kind of happy if it stays smaller and more on line of what we are all wanting.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

13Call me curious... Empty Re: Call me curious... Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:53 am

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

I'm on this one, backyard chickens, Ace, Canadian poultry and homesteading, and the chantecler site. I usually hit ace, canadian and this one daily if possible, and don't post alot on any, more lurk and gain info unless I have questions, poultry to sell, or have an opinion on an item that possibly has value. Still new enough to the heritage breeds that I don't say much for fear of messing up and mixing another newbie up on something important!

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

14Call me curious... Empty Re: Call me curious... Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:09 am

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

I love that the topics on this forum seem more relative to the kinds of information I'm looking for. I love seeing what people are selling, the discussions on exhibiting and breeding. And this site is still young. As membership grows, it will become even more active and will be a valuable resource for poultry info.

I still check both forums - usually at least once a day. I always try to be courteous and play by the rules, but even I got my knuckles rapped on ACE, so kinda lost my enthusiasm there. WCPS is now my fave - I'd rather post here and help to promote this forum. Keep up the great work Hidden River!! Smile

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

15Call me curious... Empty Re: Call me curious... Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:52 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

My first chicken site was The Classroom at The Coop. It is global and there is a worldwide diversity of experience. Ipf has mentioned that it was heavy into genetics, and she isn't joking. There are some extremely educated poultry professionals on that site, it is not the 'small and local' forum like this and many others. I'd say 80% of what I read on that site went right over my head. THey went through a server change which made it difficult for people to log in and I think that's what sent many people away after a while. It seemed to take a long time to iron the kinks out. To me it is not nearly as active as it used to be.

I am a member on ACE. For various reasons I am slowly weaning myself away. I would like to wean myself off chicken forums completely...because I can waste many hours 'just checking on the site...'. But there are too many people that I don't want to lose touch with.

Third and newest site is this one. That's it. The Coop (hardly at all anymore) ACE (less and less) here (more and more).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum