Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bloody Runner Duck

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bloody Runner Duck Empty Bloody Runner Duck Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:49 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Had me female Runner disappear. Just up and gone the other night. Looked all over and nothing. Figured she must have been carried off by something. Rotten to lose the bird. Worse thinking that I have to be on the watch for a predator now because they always come back for more.

Then I got thinking about it and she had better camouflage, was bigger and faster than most birds in that pen. There are some white silkies in there. Surely they would have been easier pickings.

Took a flashlight and poked around the barn and there she is. Gone broody way back under the stairs. Odd to feel relief and want to strangle the bird at the same time. lol!

2Bloody Runner Duck Empty Re: Bloody Runner Duck Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:28 am

Giddyup

Giddyup

...and here I was worried! Bloody broody runner duck indeed! I had one go broody but at least she had the decency to use the nestbox. Glad you found her!

3Bloody Runner Duck Empty Re: Bloody Runner Duck Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:36 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

I had just been thinking the other day that she hadn't been producing many eggs this year. I was thinking that maybe she was starting to get a bit old. Ha, more like she's just getting smarter than me.

4Bloody Runner Duck Empty Re: Bloody Runner Duck Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:34 pm

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Uh oh, she's learned your ways. Razz Glad she turned up safe and sound.

5Bloody Runner Duck Empty Re: Bloody Runner Duck Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:37 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

She's been getting off most mornings to grab a bite to eat. Tried having a look but I couldn't see any eggs. It's pretty dark under the stairs and she could be covering them when she gets off.

In any event, if she has eggs, I calculate that we could be seeing something this week.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum