Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cool little outdoor coop-pen

+7
Schipperkesue
bcboy
Fowler
pigglet
lanaire-ranching
authenticfarm
Hidden River
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cool little outdoor coop-pen Empty Cool little outdoor coop-pen Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:50 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Saw someone post this on facebook, such a cool idea!
Cool little outdoor coop-pen 1462896_232713656895304_262064418_n

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

2Cool little outdoor coop-pen Empty Re: Cool little outdoor coop-pen Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:05 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Also good for the instant divorce! lol

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

3Cool little outdoor coop-pen Empty Re: Cool little outdoor coop-pen Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:16 pm

lanaire-ranching

lanaire-ranching
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

whats the top?? an old dish of some sort??

I love the oval ones like that, I use those for brooders. SO much easier for me!

that would be really good for some outside brooding... when they are too old for inside with heat, but too young for outside without it.

very clever.

how does a person get into it to clean it though I wonder. I keep looking, but dont see anything??

4Cool little outdoor coop-pen Empty Re: Cool little outdoor coop-pen Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:18 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

It is one of those old satellite dishes on top, large round water trough underneath.
Authentic I think if you put a nice paint job on it I think it would actually be very nice.
Lanaire not sure how a human gets into it, must be a human door on the back some place?

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

5Cool little outdoor coop-pen Empty Re: Cool little outdoor coop-pen Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:13 pm

lanaire-ranching

lanaire-ranching
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I still think its a clever idea. and a person can at least move it around.

or if you have a husband like mine, he could cut the bottom out of it, and it could be another form of a moveable a-frame.... the ideas!

6Cool little outdoor coop-pen Empty Re: Cool little outdoor coop-pen Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:32 pm

pigglet

We have one that leaks. We have used patches I hope for the last time. I think we might try that. Also, we have a old satellite dish. Thank for the picture.

7Cool little outdoor coop-pen Empty Re: Cool little outdoor coop-pen Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:17 pm

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

That would be good for children too!

8Cool little outdoor coop-pen Empty Re: Cool little outdoor coop-pen Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:11 pm

bcboy

bcboy
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

authenticfarm wrote:Also good for the instant divorce! lol
What, you could put that in the front yard by the gate to the driveway?

http://www.grizzlycurb.ca

9Cool little outdoor coop-pen Empty Re: Cool little outdoor coop-pen Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:56 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

bcboy wrote:
authenticfarm wrote:Also good for the instant divorce! lol
What, you could put that in the front yard by the gate to the driveway?

And then everyone would think we had moved, since we'd never do that. Lol

10Cool little outdoor coop-pen Empty Re: Cool little outdoor coop-pen Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:59 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Fowler wrote:That would be good for children too!

Fowler, I like the way you think!

11Cool little outdoor coop-pen Empty Re: Cool little outdoor coop-pen Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:17 pm

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

There should be one in every middle school classroom! mahhahaha. I personally like the idea. I wish my place could look like Authentic's but it aint never gonna happen..... not under the current management at any rate.

12Cool little outdoor coop-pen Empty Re: Cool little outdoor coop-pen Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:23 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

We're just snobs. I run a business out of our farm, so everything has to be in fairly good shape.

13Cool little outdoor coop-pen Empty Re: Cool little outdoor coop-pen Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:02 pm

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

Cute Idea and finished and painted it would look alot better and would look good in alot of places I have seen Old coops painted up that looked good also so I am sure this could be painted up and worked into alot of the farmsteads / Homesteads It is nice to see inventive people that have to do with what they have I am sure they are Proud of it. Thanks for sharing Jayme

14Cool little outdoor coop-pen Empty Re: Cool little outdoor coop-pen Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:17 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

I love it! And now know exactly what I'm doing to do with the old satellite dish we removed from the side yard. Hubby is going to be thrilled!  Laughing

15Cool little outdoor coop-pen Empty Re: Cool little outdoor coop-pen Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:53 am

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

think it is pretty groovy.  I'm like Lanaire-ranching, want to be able to get in there to clean.  Maybe a bigger door could be made too or the lid so it can come right off?  I guess a hoe could be used to get in through the pop door to pull stuff out.

Last edited by Magdelan on Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changed name of person I referred to,)

16Cool little outdoor coop-pen Empty Re: Cool little outdoor coop-pen Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:08 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Totally agree it's gonna need to be modified to have a human sized door. No way am I ever attempting to squeeze through a 'chicken' pop door again, haha. It did not end well... Embarassed

17Cool little outdoor coop-pen Empty Re: Cool little outdoor coop-pen Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:21 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Just googled recycle satllite dish and was amazed at the array of things that came up. lots of gazebos, ponds and coops. Here are a few that particularly struck me. Going to keep an eye out for anyone getting rid of one now.

Cool little outdoor coop-pen Sat-dish-swingbed

Cool little outdoor coop-pen Img_2886-300x225

Cool little outdoor coop-pen Dishfeeder-llamas

Cool little outdoor coop-pen Sunflower-Beacon-270x300

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum