Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

5 out of 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 5 out of 5 on Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:05 pm

coopslave

Golden Member
Golden Member
Well the new laying hens must like the set up we have for them. They never skipped a beat and we have now had 5 eggs two days in a row. Not bad for 5 chooks. Even the old girl has given us an egg a day for two days in a row.
Each egg is slightly different in colour which is really cool for my sister who is new to all this. She likes knowing who has laid what on what day. They are lovely hens and giving more eggs than we need right now. Very cool.

2 Re: 5 out of 5 on Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:27 pm

islandgal99

Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Hearing that makes me smile. Smile

http://www.matadorfarm.ca

3 Re: 5 out of 5 on Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:34 pm

mirycreek

Golden Member
Golden Member
That is awesome, gotta love good girls like that!

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

4 Re: 5 out of 5 on Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:50 pm

bcboy

Addicted Member
Addicted Member
coopslave wrote:Well the new laying hens must like the set up we have for them.  They never skipped a beat and we have now had 5 eggs two days in a row.  Not bad for 5 chooks.  Even the old girl has given us an egg a day for two days in a row.
Each egg is slightly different in colour which is really cool for my sister who is new to all this.  She likes knowing who has laid what on what day.  They are lovely hens and giving more eggs than we need right now.  Very cool.

Nice job girl!
I have read that the other barred rocks that CynthiaM has are doing a great job too.
I have some barred rock hatching eggs in the bator right now, Evelyn Gilmar line. Do you know who's line Terre Wilde flock is from. Are they her own line?
Kimball

http://www.grizzlycurb.ca

5 Re: 5 out of 5 on Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:12 pm

yardbirds23

Congrats on the eggs, wish mine would smarten up...  Smile 

6 Re: 5 out of 5 on Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:03 am

CynthiaM

Golden Member
Golden Member
Yipee kay oh kay eh!!!!  That is cool, just about as cool as what I got going on here too.  Yep, got 10  lovely point of lay barred Plymouth rocks from Terre Wilde on Sunday.  Brought them home.  Enroute home, one triple yolker was laid in the cage.  An hour later 3 were in the nest box.  The next day, 10 of the 10 girls laid eggs, the next day 10 of the 10 girls laid eggs and yesterday 10 of the 10 girls laid eggs.  Beyond impressed.  The hens are not very big, still lots of growing to do, but wow, what a whomping huge egg for such small gals.  Well, maybe they are not that small, but next to the blue cochin rooster, they are teeny tiny, smiling.  Kimball, I asked Terre Wilde and they are from Rochester Hatchery.  Hatchery birds are nice in so many ways, and I am very, very impressed with the calm spirit of these girls and how they melded so nicely with the little 6 week old buff chicks.  Oh darn, Coopslave, hope I did not rain on your parade.  I am happy Sister has some chickens, she may become as you, one day, one fine day, and we can never predict the future of what come what may.  Have a most wonderful day, CynthiaM.

7 Re: 5 out of 5 on Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:43 am

bckev

Addicted Member
Addicted Member
I only have a pair of your coopers but will separating them out soon, I am very curious to see what I get when they start hatching. She is giving a nice dark egg.

8 Re: 5 out of 5 on Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:08 pm

bigrock

Addicted Member
Addicted Member
bcboy wrote:

I have some barred rock hatching eggs in the bator right now, Evelyn Gilmar line. Do you know who's line Terre Wilde flock is from. Are they her own line?
Kimball

Terre Wilde wrote "they were expensive to raise (huge!)they're from Rochester hatchery."

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum