Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Raffle items for the Sale at Lou's

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Raffle items for the Sale at Lou's Empty Raffle items for the Sale at Lou's Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:28 am

Sweetened

Sweetened
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Hi Guys;

Lou and I have talked a bit, and we'd like to do a raffle to both draw attention to the sale as well as to drum up some more fundraising money for Lou's Sanctuary.

I've never done a raffle before. What are some good items to put into a raffle draw, and is anyone interested in throwing something into the mix?

Thanks!

http://steadfastfarm.wordpress.com/

2Raffle items for the Sale at Lou's Empty Re: Raffle items for the Sale at Lou's Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:13 pm

bigrock

bigrock
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Sweetened, have you posted before what Lou's sanctuary is...and what the raffle is to acheive?
i have nothing to offer in the way of suggestions-

3Raffle items for the Sale at Lou's Empty Re: Raffle items for the Sale at Lou's Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:19 pm

Sweetened

Sweetened
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Sorry! I'm terrible at this, which you can clearly see. I have been informed on ACE that I will need to make some calls for Raffle approval, however a silent auction is a second option.

Loushrop runs the Free to Be Me Animal Sanctuary in Moose Jaw. For the second year, I'm helping her host the Mid Summer Market Style Poultry and Exotics Sale, but I think it's the 5th or 6th time its been held there. Proceeds from booth rental go to the Sanctuary. Lou is on the wild animal rescue and rehabilitation call list, cares for and rehabs livestock large and small, and often finds critters abandonned in her yard overnight, or having been ditched there along with other surrenders. I know she's handled abuse situations, rescues, and so on. She also uses it as an education tool for children and has the learning disabled that come to be with the animals for the benefits therein.

It's quite an undertaking for her, she spends a lot of sleepless nights out in barns and with critters in the house being hand fed and so on.

The proceeds from the raffle would go straight to the sanctuary as a charitable donation to help her continue to help the animals there. The raffle items themselves would include the information for the individual who donated with the hopes that it could drum them up business and interest as well.

4Raffle items for the Sale at Lou's Empty Re: Raffle items for the Sale at Lou's Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:55 pm

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

the things that I like to see in a raffle for which I would buy tickets are well made craft items, unusual food treats, nice drinks etc. Things that are preservable and won't easily perish. Maybe things like hand made soaps or specialty toiletries like nice bubble bath things. For my sons Spirit Club when they were raising funds the principal of the school put in a hand made quilt which I thought was lovely, Christmas themed, made by herself. It was the raffle prize alone. I had $4 which bought me two tickets and I was so jazzed to have won, it really lifts the room up in our dark lounge. Well made quality craft item. That works for me! Things like that, beautiful and practical.

I would be happy to make a batch of Russian fudge and send it to Lou's, it is super nice and not so easy to make, burns easily, I can make it well now after many many many practises since childhood  Razz . Send me an address. I like this cause :-).

5Raffle items for the Sale at Lou's Empty Re: Raffle items for the Sale at Lou's Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:39 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sweetened wrote:Sorry!  I'm terrible at this, which you can clearly see.  I have been informed on ACE that I will need to make some calls for Raffle approval, however a silent auction is a second option.

Loushrop runs the Free to Be Me Animal Sanctuary in Moose Jaw.  For the second year, I'm helping her host the Mid Summer Market Style Poultry and Exotics Sale, but I think it's the 5th or 6th time its been held there. Proceeds from booth rental go to the Sanctuary.  Lou is on the wild animal rescue and rehabilitation call list, cares for and rehabs livestock large and small, and often finds critters abandonned in her yard overnight, or having been ditched there along with other surrenders.  I know she's handled abuse situations, rescues, and so on.  She also uses it as an education tool for children and has the learning disabled that come to be with the animals for the benefits therein.

It's quite an undertaking for her, she spends a lot of sleepless nights out in barns and with critters in the house being hand fed and so on.

The proceeds from the raffle would go straight to the sanctuary as a charitable donation to help her continue to help the animals there.  The raffle items themselves would include the information for the individual who donated with the hopes that it could drum them up business and interest as well.

I think you are doing a great job!

Personally I prefer the silent auction.  You don't need gov't permission. You can offer many items, you don't have to have someone handing tickets and collecting money, it kind of runs itself until the auction closes and then the winners come to pay for things.  I also have discovered a silent auction usually makes may more money.

6Raffle items for the Sale at Lou's Empty Re: Raffle items for the Sale at Lou's Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:57 am

Sweetened

Sweetened
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Magdelan wrote:the things that I like to see in a raffle for which I would buy tickets are well made craft items, unusual food treats, nice drinks etc.  Things that are preservable and won't easily perish.  Maybe things like hand made soaps or specialty toiletries like nice bubble bath things.  For my sons Spirit Club when they were raising funds the principal of the school put in a hand made quilt which I thought was lovely, Christmas themed, made by herself.  It was the raffle prize alone.  I had $4 which bought me two tickets and I was so jazzed to have won, it really lifts the room up in our dark lounge.  Well made quality craft item.  That works for me!   Things like that, beautiful and practical.  

I would be happy to make a batch of Russian fudge and send it to Lou's, it is super nice and not so easy to make, burns easily, I can make it well now after many many many practises since childhood  Razz .  Send me an address.  I like this cause :-).  

Awh *Drool* That sounds delicious! The sale is July 19th, so don't need them now (or frankly, they won't make it!!!) If you'd like to send them closer to the date, that'd be most excellent.

7Raffle items for the Sale at Lou's Empty Re: Raffle items for the Sale at Lou's Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:48 am

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

great. Will you please give this post a bump when we are three weeks from D day? that would be really good, get my mind on the job because by then I'll be gardening and hopefully working (for money :-) and just in different space. Ta  Smile . don't want to forget. I like to allow a good amount of time for post. If I vacuum seal it in something it will stay fresh.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum