Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

happy cow story

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1happy cow story Empty happy cow story Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:00 pm

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2happy cow story Empty Re: happy cow story Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:29 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

That is a scene that plays out here with our Highland cows. We keep them in a small pasture in the early spring until the grass has grown. They do literally jump for joy when turned out on the green grass.

3happy cow story Empty Re: happy cow story Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:45 pm

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I just love seeing that. Can't imagine those highland cows doing a jig with all their long hair and big horns! I am going to be the same when we get rid of the white and have some green for a short while, semi arid where we live, dust bowl by the end of summer unless you water your grounds - I save it for the garden - not enough time in the day to water the whole property! just looking forward to the spring fever, these longer days are beginning to creep in to my skin and I can feel the spring on its way.

4happy cow story Empty Re: happy cow story Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:08 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Our shetland sheep do the same thing. I try to wait until until June 1 to let the grass get ahead pf them. Let them out and the stately ewes start acting like lambs.

5happy cow story Empty Re: happy cow story Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:13 am

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

Magdelan wrote:I just love seeing that.  Can't imagine those highland cows doing a jig with all their long hair and big horns!  I am going to be the same when we get rid of the white and have some green for a short while,  semi arid where we live, dust bowl by the end of summer unless you water your grounds  -  I save it for the garden -  not enough time in the day to water the whole property!  just looking forward to the spring fever, these longer days are beginning to creep in to my skin and I can feel the spring on its way.

Well I have 2 girls, Highland girls and they do a jig every time we bring a new bale of hay. My red usually starts with a speed racer kind of dance. Going as fast as she can threw anything tight hard corners ending with kicking the heels in the air. My white kicks wildly at the air, head butting everything almost like a bucking bull. You add the long flowing hair in and its actually quite the site. I will try to get some action shots next bale we give. They are so fun to watch. It usually ends with getting some head and shoulder scratches.

6happy cow story Empty Re: happy cow story Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:49 am

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Ah Fowler so cool, anything that can make a stately ewe become a kid again just has to be bottled! Yes please Ruffled, I have already made pictures in my mind of their wild hair flowing around as if they were in a shampoo commercial! fantastic.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum