Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transport from N. Okanagan BC to Surrey BC, Thurs Jan 30 2014

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

We will be travelling from the north Okanagan to the coast, destination Surrey, B.C. Leaving on Thursday, January 30, 2014 early morning. A limited storage area in the trunk of our car for transport of a couple of birds can be accommodated. Willing to stop along the way on the highway to meet and pick up bird. No deviation from the main highways for pickup at other's home, must be a landmark stop along route.

Travel route is:

Leaving Grindrod on Hwy 97A, which is about 1/2 hour north of Vernon, on Hwy 97A
Travelling westward on Hwy 97B to Salmon Arm and then the Hwy #1 westward heading to Kamloops direction
Or could travel westward on Hwy 97 going through Falkland to get to Kamloops rather than Hwy 97B to Salmon Arm, and then west on Trans Canada to pass through Kamloops -- either route to Kamloops from our home is identical
South to Coquihalla Highway going through Merritt -- or Hwy #1 through canyon, through Cache Creek and southward if Coquihalla is bad
Carrying on Hwy #1 to destination in Surrey, a few minutes east of Guildford

No transport of any sort will be offered returning to the north Okanagan, unless it is simple Smile and then perhaps some coaxing Smile We will be returning the following Monday or Tuesday to the north Okanagan

Have a most wonderful day, CynthiaM.

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Still time to make an arrangement, the offer will not be on the table after tomorrow. Have beautiful days, CynthiaM.

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

Would you happen to have a nice Blue Cochin rooster that you could bring to Kamloops? I've been meaning to contact you for some time.

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Rosewood, I will possibly have a nice blue cochin cockerel for sale, but not just yet. I have two, one is about 2 months younger than the other one and I need to allow this youngster to grow out a bit more to compare which one I will be keeping. they are both very nice and are showing some important qualitiesI have been working on. So yes, there is a possibility, I can't have two males in that breeding pen, that is a given. The black rooster from the new line is in with the entire female cochin flock and once my mind has been made up, then the sale could proceed, with the chosen blue male staying, having the black girls moved over to be with him. so, possibly, please give me some time to make that final decision on which male to keep. We will be in touch about this. Just do not have room for two males in that same pen, beat up hens is never a good idea and I just don't have the room for that extra fellow. Thank you for the interest. Have a wonderful day, CynthiaM.

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

CM wrote:Rosewood, I will possibly have a nice blue cochin cockerel for sale

I have some room problems here and can sure wait. Maybe we can meet at Tim Hortons again later in the spring. I will want that male as my Cochins are too nice to do nothing.

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Please identify what cochins you have, blood lines, etc., take to email format (not forum PM) if you would like. We'll be talking my friend, and yes, Timmie's sounds good. Timmie's uptown, not downtown, like the last time with error on where I should meet ya, smiling that big smile. I would like to have time to have lunch with you and yours  Very Happy . By then maybe that shortcut to Barrier will be drivable? Have a wonderful day, CynthiaM.

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have four Black Cochin hens (you have two full sisters from the same hatch). The rooster I have comes from Chicken Tracy on Vancouver Island and the hen that produced the six hens came from Mazur through Heather. We can make arrangements by email later.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum