Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Saskatchewan - Bred Boer Doe

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Saskatchewan - Bred Boer Doe Empty Saskatchewan - Bred Boer Doe Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:39 am

Sweetened

Sweetened
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I have a should-be-bred light coloured Boer doe for sale.

I purchased her a few months ago as a bred doe, which I found out shortly thereafter wasn't the case. I have witnessed her being bred by both my Saanen buck and the Spanish/cashmere X buck. She'd be about 8 weeks along so will be an early kidder. I believe she's pure Boer, but I haven't been around long enough to be 100% certain and can only go by what I was told when I bought her.

Since the untimely death of my herd queen, Estelle, Agnes (the one for sale) has become aggressive toward the kid goats I have and I will not keep a goat that's as aggressive as she is, but I cannot bear to put her in the freezer while there's a significant chance she's pregnant. If someone else is fine with doing that, then $250 for the meat doesn't seem like that bad of a deal, and keeping her until she kids could work to the advantage of someone who has space to keep her separated or an obstinate herd queen to put her in her place.

Agnes is fine with people, interested but not overly and will come for oats. She's very large, almost as tall as my Ober and definitely meatier. She looks to have a good bag on her and is between 2-3 years old at my best guess from looking at her teeth.

Saskatchewan - Bred Boer Doe AgnesWM_zps3f92a944

Saskatchewan - Bred Boer Doe Agnes2WM_zps1024eb89

If you have questions, please PM or email me. I'm happy to answer.

http://steadfastfarm.wordpress.com/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum