Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Getting hooked by rug hooking

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 rug hooking on Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:53 pm

confused

New Here
Mum used to make hooked rugs and saddle blankets using raw, dyed sheep wool. You just use a small roving and burlap, the same as wool cloth but not quite so refined of course. I have one she gave me when I first got married (60 years ago). I do cherish it dearly.

27 Re: Getting hooked by rug hooking on Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:08 pm

Magdelan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member
confused wrote:Mum used to make hooked rugs and saddle blankets using raw, dyed sheep wool. You just use a small roving and burlap, the same as wool cloth but not quite so refined of course. I have one she gave me when I first got married (60 years ago). I do cherish it dearly.

confused, are you from NZ or Ausie?

28 rugs on Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:38 am

confused

New Here
Not NZ or Aus. Just plain old Alberta. My folks had sheep - I guess lots of them - when I was born and throughout my life it seems I've always managed to have at least a couple of them. Right now I've got Tunis. The babies are born red and keep their red color on their face and legs. The wool is classed as oatmeal (off white I suppose).

29 Re: Getting hooked by rug hooking on Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:07 am

Magdelan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member
confused wrote:Not NZ or Aus. Just plain old Alberta. My folks had sheep - I guess lots of them - when I was born and throughout my life it seems I've always managed to have at least a couple of them. Right now I've got Tunis. The babies are born red and keep their red color on their face and legs. The wool is classed as oatmeal (off white I suppose).

my apologies confused, I assumed you were from another place because you spelled Mum instead of Mom, I find most people here spell it "Mom."

oatmeal is a divine colour!

30 rugs on Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:18 pm

confused

New Here
No need to apologize. I wouldn't mind being from either place. Funny you should comment on my "mum" spelling. Strangely enough, this exactly same conversation came up the other day. Somebody said it was the difference between British and American backgrounds. My dad was born in England but Mum's people came from Ont. She was a teacher. We also spelled it that way in school. Maybe it's sort of an age thing too. Words today mean entirely different things than when I was a kid. I still like all the beautiful work that these rug hooking people do though - just to get back on track.

31 Re: Getting hooked by rug hooking on Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:56 pm

mirycreek

Golden Member
Golden Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Just finished another rug, I know, wrong season but now it's ready for Christmas 2014!

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

32 Re: Getting hooked by rug hooking on Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:00 pm

Magdelan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member
nice nice

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum