Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Proud mom today

+10
heda gobbler
bckev
Schipperkesue
uno
karona
happychicks
Bawc
mirycreek
islandgal99
SerJay
14 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Proud mom today Empty Proud mom today Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:37 pm

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

My chicken keeper is finally old enough to do a 4-H project and he's hatched and raised Cortunix Quail this year. Today was first day of Fair and poultry was the first 4-H judging. So today my eldest baby took part in his very first show and he'd did really well with both his trips into the show ring.

Waiting to go into showring with his Quail
Proud mom today NIK_2269

Holding Quail for judge during showmanship
Proud mom today NIK_2286
I know we're soooo redneck with the tie down to secure his cage for Fair Embarassed  His Quail usually live in a much nicer tractor at home

receiving his showmanship trophy in the ring
Proud mom today NIK_2301

All done his judging, a hot, tired but very proud little boy with his Quail in the poultry barn
Proud mom today NIK_2323

2Proud mom today Empty Re: Proud mom today Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:41 pm

islandgal99

islandgal99
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

cheers  congrats! Loos like it was a fun day for all. Very Happy 

http://www.matadorfarm.ca

3Proud mom today Empty Re: Proud mom today Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:56 pm

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

That is so great and he poses so nice for pics too!!

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

4Proud mom today Empty Re: Proud mom today Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:08 pm

Bawc

New Here

What a fine young man. Great work Mom.

5Proud mom today Empty Re: Proud mom today Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:13 pm

happychicks

happychicks
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Wonderful! Love to see the young ones involved with poultry. What a fine looking young gentleman!!

6Proud mom today Empty Re: Proud mom today Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:41 pm

karona

karona
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Yes congratulations.
I never noticed before but he looks
like you. He looks like a very proud
young fellow. Do they show everyday
and do they aution off there projects?

7Proud mom today Empty Re: Proud mom today Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:46 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

He seems like a real gentleman farmer. That understated smile and quiet tolerance of mom and her camera. Good for you and good for him!

8Proud mom today Empty Re: Proud mom today Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:59 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Congratulations to the young 4Her!  Quail are a great project for a young man!

9Proud mom today Empty Re: Proud mom today Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:12 am

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

He was hot, tired but very happy. He has 35+ chickens, 7 chicks in with cochin mom and 2 bunnies which needed to be cared for this morning so they'd be ok all day on a very hot day before we drove into the fairgrounds to care for his Quail and get ready for barn duty at 8am. After standing around and moving cages for 3hrs of judging he was exhausted in the heat and very thirsty and hungry. He's not fond of getting his photo taken but he was pretty proud and knew he'd want the photo later so he was pretty good about me flashing away at him Smile

Karona you probably never noticed because all you see is his back as he's so busy checking out all your birds Smile Oh the blue americauna roo I got for him from you fathered a turken chick so he has a black turken with a blue beard coming in Smile

His showing is all over and done with now. Since he's a first year junior they wouldn't let him put his birds in market so no auction, we'll sell them or have dinner after Fair Smile

Since he's a first year he should have bought day olds but leader ignored the fact that he bought eggs and hatched them himself in his incubator. He bought his eggs with the pocket change he earned by doing his part at the last 2 Fairs while he was in Cloverbuds (6-8yr olds craft projects no animals). He has a mean mom that rides his butt but refuses to in anyway do work he is perfectly capable of doing. I have never fed, watered or cleaned up after them, he helped build his tractor for them and so his win is all his doing. I did help with his bathing since they are hard to hold onto, he's short and the first popped down and went for a swim Embarassed  I just held his birds securely while he helped clean feathers and feet properly. We only have chickens because he wanted them at 6yrs old. I got to researching for him and learning so we care for them properly but he does the work and they're his birds.

He's already planning next years project or 2 Smile I'm pretty proud of my little fella getting so grown up Smile

10Proud mom today Empty Re: Proud mom today Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:50 am

bckev

bckev
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Good job. Enjoy it they grow up way too fast.

11Proud mom today Empty Re: Proud mom today Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:14 am

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

That's wonderful! What a handsome young man!

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

12Proud mom today Empty Re: Proud mom today Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:25 am

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Good job by your son. It is a very proud moment when you see all the hard work they put into their projects and then they get to show them off. Congrats!

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

13Proud mom today Empty Re: Proud mom today Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:21 am

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

Congrats to your young man!! I see no mean mom in making him look after the responsibilities he took on when purchasing his birds!!! Congrats to the proud momma also on raising a young man who is learning to properly care for his birds!

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

14Proud mom today Empty Re: Proud mom today Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:51 pm

lady leghorn

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

You must be extremely proud of him. He definitely has done a tremendous job. Congratulations. cheers 

15Proud mom today Empty Re: Proud mom today Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:56 pm

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

Congratts 

its so great to see kids that know how to be dedicated and responsible about caring for their animals.  And so nice for them to have their hard work recognized with awards!

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum