Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What kind of tree's are these?

+4
happychicks
Prairie Chick
'lilfarm
Blue Hill Farm
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What kind of tree's are these?  Empty What kind of tree's are these? Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:57 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

I've been told a couple, different things and wonder if anyone here would know. Thanks in advance. Smile

What kind of tree's are these?  Chickens2013065

2What kind of tree's are these?  Empty Re: What kind of tree's are these? Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:55 am

'lilfarm

'lilfarm

chokecherry? If the white blossoms give off a urine like smell, it's probably chokecherry.

3What kind of tree's are these?  Empty Re: What kind of tree's are these? Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:39 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

OK, I ran outside in my jammies (please tell me I'm not the only one, haha) to take better pics. Not many blossoms left after yet another blustery day. And I didn't notice any urine smell thankfully, lol. But I didn't get my nose too close because of the bees buzzing around. They seem to really like these trees.

What kind of tree's are these?  Chickens2013078

What kind of tree's are these?  Chickens2013081

4What kind of tree's are these?  Empty Re: What kind of tree's are these? Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:41 am

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

I would say apple. Not Chokecherry as they would be clusters of flowers, now that we can see the flowers close up Smile

5What kind of tree's are these?  Empty Re: What kind of tree's are these? Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:49 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh yay! I was hoping they were something awesome like apple trees. Very Happy

6What kind of tree's are these?  Empty Re: What kind of tree's are these? Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:16 am

happychicks

happychicks
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I'm wondering if they may be plum trees. They look a lot like our plum tree. Not sure.

7What kind of tree's are these?  Empty Re: What kind of tree's are these? Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:33 am

'lilfarm

'lilfarm

From the close up picture, I'm going to say apple as well. Definitely not chokecherry.

8What kind of tree's are these?  Empty Re: What kind of tree's are these? Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:58 am

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

Apple tree so do I win a Apple pie at Harvest????

9What kind of tree's are these?  Empty Re: What kind of tree's are these? Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:33 am

Swamp Hen

Swamp Hen

They look very similar to our Crabb apple tree, which is in blossom right now. Definetly not chokecherry, they have much smaller flowers.

10What kind of tree's are these?  Empty Re: What kind of tree's are these? Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:22 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yep, apple.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

11What kind of tree's are these?  Empty Re: What kind of tree's are these? Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:56 pm

vic's chicks

They look like our crab apple trees but could be plums as well.

12What kind of tree's are these?  Empty Re: What kind of tree's are these? Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:14 pm

Apple ! maybe just a flowering crab apple or a eating apple tree ............but for sure a apple tree of sorts !

13What kind of tree's are these?  Empty Re: What kind of tree's are these? Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:57 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

So some kind of apple, maybe plum, definitely not chokecherry tree. Thanks all. tongue

appway wrote:Apple tree so do I win a Apple pie at Harvest????

Sure, but no telling how edible it'll be. I'm more of a meal maker than a dessert creator. Wink lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum