Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Moose Jaw - Market Style Poultry and Exotics Sale - August 3rd, 2013

+2
loushrop
Hidden River
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

Not sure if so we will pay when we get there like we did last time with Lou
and depends on the hatch coming up

Okay awesome. If you think you will closer to that day, let me know and I can advert for you on facebook.

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

I am on the fence about getting a table. I will let you or Lou know when I decide. I would have guinea keets, muscovie ducklings, Ameracauna chicks and maybe a few others. Have to see if I can get organized.

You can do it! That would make, potentially, 9 tables!

GUESS WHAT! More booths booked.

I'm proud to say Grant from McMillan poultry will be joining us at the sale and he brings a variety of chickens and turkeys wherever he sells.

In addition, we have a craft table booked. SPREAD THE WORD! Looking for someone to post flyers in the Saskatoon area.

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

That is awesome Sweetened you are doing a good job. I am trying my best to get stuff organized to come up there too but still have to see how the rest of this month goes for us and if I can get away, so hoping I can...

Have you got many emails/calls from people looking to buy?

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

Hidden River wrote:That is awesome Sweetened you are doing a good job. I am trying my best to get stuff organized to come up there too but still have to see how the rest of this month goes for us and if I can get away, so hoping I can...

Have you got many emails/calls from people looking to buy?

I've gotten a few emails, but not a lot of calls. People looking for goats, mostly, and some people looking for call duck pairs.

Another booth booked! 20 bantam chicks, possibly 6-10 week old guinea chicks as well.

HIDDEN WILL BE JOINING US!

YAYYYYY

She is bringing:

Muscovy ducklings

Buff Ducklings

Australian Spotted Ducklings

1 Pair (hopefully) call ducklings

Assorted Chicks (4+ weeks old)

AND MORE

Another booth booked, received payment this morning.

They will be bringing 25 (give or take) birds:

Polish, houdans, speckled Sussex, light brahmas, Plymouth barred rock, and some amerucauna, welsummer, and golden laced wyndotte roosters.

A friend of mine has booked a table dedicated to Magic The Gathering trading cards for the sale as Moose Jaw's supply of affordable cards and packs are limited. I will be running it for him, however. Spread the word to your favorite nerd.

I can say that, because I'm a favorite nerd Smile

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Haha, I used to play MTG with a neighbour back in our apartment days before kiddies. Used to drive DH crazy because we'd stay up all hours of the night getting loud and rowdy. lol Fun times. Cool

I play, just suck at it. Built a wurm token deck, and it can be fun if the cards play right. Friday Night Magic at Comic Readers is a whoooole different level of nerd Very Happy

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

I'm so outta the loop these days I don't remember/have a clue what a wurm token deck even is. lol For shame I know. Embarassed 

Bahaha, I can imagine! There used to be this little D&D shop in Nanaimo that DH and I visited a few times looking for certain swag. One time we went there in search of mini figurines to use with LOTR Risk and interrupted some kind of nerd fest of epic proportions. Dead silence greeted our entrance, along with numerous glazed and glaring eyeballs. We got the hint fast and left. lol Funny when I think of it, the guys running that store never seemed to like having customers. It was more like their front for playing games all day. Laughing

Flicker Chick wrote:I'm so outta the loop these days I don't remember/have a clue what a wurm token deck even is. lol For shame I know. Embarassed 

Bahaha, I can imagine! There used to be this little D&D shop in Nanaimo that DH and I visited a few times looking for certain swag. One time we went there in search of mini figurines to use with LOTR Risk and interrupted some kind of nerd fest of epic proportions. Dead silence greeted our entrance, along with numerous glazed and glaring eyeballs. We got the hint fast and left. lol Funny when I think of it, the guys running that store never seemed to like having customers. It was more like their front for playing games all day. Laughing

LOL Lets put it this way. At Tramps here in regina, the guy that runs friday night magic is named Magnus. I didn't realize Magnus also dressed like an anime girl. Eccentric fellow that one. I'm told he makes a really good 'Vulcan' by one of the guys that runs the upstairs section, and looks to be 70 years old and having never touched another person in any type of intimate manner ever.

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sweetend
Do you know any one bringing Black Turkeys
Thanks
Joe

I don't know, hun. There is a possibility Grant would be bringing turkeys, but I only know he has Narragansett's, I'm not sure if he has others. I need to call him tonight anyway to give him directions.

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have a little blue turkey Joe, not that it helps your search for blacks, but I think it is a girl, still pretty young to know for sure...

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

Aww a blue one!? I have fallen for turkeys again, just love them, though my hen sure does not understand how to NOT smash eggs with her big stupid feet.

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hidden River wrote:I have a little blue turkey Joe, not that it helps your search for blacks, but I think it is a girl, still pretty young to know for sure...

Hi Jayme
Thanks for the offer But no Blues LOL
We need the Blacks for our Breeding Program as there are no Mottles around so we have to breed up to Mottle and need the Black Hens for that
Since the Fox had a Buffet we have lost all our Mottles and Blacks so that is why the Big search for Blacks LOL
Joe

Try DLC (who I've been prodding to see if he can join us at the sale)? He had black spanish back in watrous.

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sweetened wrote:Another booth booked, received payment this morning.

They will be bringing 25 (give or take) birds:

Polish, houdans,  speckled Sussex, light brahmas, Plymouth barred rock, and some amerucauna, welsummer, and golden laced wyndotte roosters.

Sweetened, I am interested in this person's Houdans. Would it be possible to have some contact info for them so I might arrange some transport?

Thanks!

Sue!

I just sent her a note and asked if I could give you her email. She's also on Facebook, so I'll see if that'd be easier for her. She's been pretty quick at emailing, I will notify you soon!

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Super! Email is best. I am not on Facebook.

Sent you her email.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum