Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Looking for information on Blue Opringtons

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Looking for information on Blue Opringtons Empty Looking for information on Blue Opringtons Mon May 20, 2013 11:15 am

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I understand that they are not a recognized colour but I LOVE the look of them. Does anyone have chicks for sale? Is there a problem running them with my Buffs? The reason I ask for chicks is because I have no ability to hatch the eggs... not even a broody hen at this point.

triplejfarms

triplejfarms
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

briarwood poultry on here has beautiful blue orps, maybe try to contact her!

http://www.conjuringcreekboardingkennels.com/farm.html

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

I agree, Echo, Blue Orpingtons are beautiful. and here's the good news - they were admitted to the standard in 1923, so they definitely are a recognized color. Smile
You can raise your different varieties all together without any problems. Well, until your roosters are all grown up and become posessive of their hens at least.

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

They are recognized! YAH HOO!!! Not that it really matters to me at this point but there will come a time when I might like to show them. Thank you so much for the information.

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

I second the notion of seeking out Briarwood's lines of Blue Orps... They are some stunners.
Not to toot my own horn, but my lines are also a thing of beauty, or so I have been told.

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Jonny Anvil wrote:I second the notion of seeking out Briarwood's lines of Blue Orps... They are some stunners.
Not to toot my own horn, but my lines are also a thing of beauty, or so I have been told.

Smiling, Jonny, there is nothing wrong with tooting your own horn, sometimes we do that best as we know ourselves. You too have nice birds. Echo, blue orpingtons are beautiful, no doubt. I have a soft spot for blue birds too. Both Jonny and Briarwood's lines would do you well. Check it out....hope you can find what you are looking for and can get them to you. Some distance to both breeders' places, but where there is a will, there is always a way. many people on our forum travel all over, and many help to brings chicks, chickens, things like that, from far and wide to destinations Cool . A group of wonderful and helpful people here. Have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum