Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A poem for you

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A poem for you Empty A poem for you Sat May 04, 2013 9:00 pm

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

When we put Shannons horse Ruby down, I printed off a picture of her, and underneath, copied this poem. Its framed, and resides in the breezeway of our barn. I thought I would share our horsey poem;

Please don't mourn for me. I'm still here, though you don't see.
I'm right by your side each night and day and within your heart I long to stay.

My body is gone, but I'm always near. I'm everything you feel, see or hear.
My spirit is free, but I'll never depart, as long as you keep me alive in your heart.

I'll never wander out of your sight. I'm the brightest star on a summer night.
I'll never be beyond your reach. I'm the warm moist sand when you're at the beach.

I'm the colorful leaves, when fall comes around, and the pure white snow that blankets the ground.
I'm the beautiful flowers of which you're so fond, the clear cool water in a quiet pond.

I'm the first bright blossom you'll see in the spring. The firstvwarm raindrop that April will bring.
I'm the ray of light when the sun starts to shine, and you'll see that the face in the moon is mine.

When you start thinking there's noone to love you, you can talk to me through the sky above you.
I'll whisper my answer through the leaves on the trees, and you feel my presence in the soft summer breeze.

I'm the hot salty tears that flow when you weep, and the beautiful dreams that come while you sleep.
I'm the smile you see on a baby's face.
Just look for me, I'm every place.

2A poem for you Empty Re: A poem for you Sat May 04, 2013 11:25 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Jeez Hillbilly. Just when I think I can't cry anymore.

3A poem for you Empty Re: A poem for you Sun May 05, 2013 6:53 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh, geeeze, those goosebumps went over my body, from head to toes, several times. What a most beautiful poem, one I don't think I have ever heard so nice. Something you wrote, Hillbilly? If so, beautiful, if written by someone else, beautiful. Pay heed to this Uno, every word rings true, ohmyohmy, those shivers again, and my nose is stuffy now too. Sadness will slowly leave, but never forgotten. To anyone who has lost, anything, this poem we all dedicate to you, from the barn of Hillbilly, given to his Wife on the loss of her horse, Ruby.....please have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

4A poem for you Empty Re: A poem for you Sun May 05, 2013 8:47 am

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I can't take credit for that. It is applicable to anyone that has lost someone or something they loved.

5A poem for you Empty Re: A poem for you Mon May 06, 2013 1:14 pm

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Wow could hardly read it I'm such a cry baby. What a very nice thing to do for your wife Hillbilly.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum