Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

when is it going to end

+5
auntieevil
authenticfarm
appway
Prairie Chick
Rasilon
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26when is it going to end - Page 2 Empty Re: when is it going to end Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:34 pm

This is my 3rd winter in Saskatchewan (From BC), we usually have snow into mid to late April, HOWEVER, that's ground snow, not snowing like the dickens expecting 30 cm in a weekend snow. THe occassional morning flurry, followed up by rain and sun from my experience. Daytime high average here is 7 degrees for this time of year -- we haven't hit 7 degrees this month, let alone 6 or 5!

27when is it going to end - Page 2 Empty Re: when is it going to end Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:39 pm

KatuskiFarms

KatuskiFarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Well, when it does warm up all the extra snow will only delay a day or so. Doesn't take long. What part if BC? I'm still not accustomed to harsh long winter. I have decided that I will NEVER EVER let myself get used to it. Want to move back; biding my time... pirat

28when is it going to end - Page 2 Empty Re: when is it going to end Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:41 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

KatuskiFarms wrote:
authenticfarm wrote:Small projects - build brooder boxes, nest boxes, etc.

PLANNING. Make spreadsheets and budgets.

Oh yeah? Got a picture of a home-made brooder box? I was going to make one but ran out if time. 60 chicks hatched and nowhere to put them. I always used a paddling-pool, but forgot it was ruined the day my kids used it as a toboggan! Arghhh!
So, luckily I got a vintage bathtub off kijiji free. It was supposed to be for my ducks this spring, but now in my basement as a brooder. Works good

I like Janet from Triple J's brooder boxes. I made one, but I don't like how I did the door, so I am going to redo it before I post pictures.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

29when is it going to end - Page 2 Empty Re: when is it going to end Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:46 pm

KatuskiFarms

KatuskiFarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Sounds good! No pressure. Lol

30when is it going to end - Page 2 Empty Re: when is it going to end Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:05 pm

KatuskiFarms wrote:Well, when it does warm up all the extra snow will only delay a day or so. Doesn't take long. What part if BC? I'm still not accustomed to harsh long winter. I have decided that I will NEVER EVER let myself get used to it. Want to move back; biding my time... pirat

I love it here, would really only move back if it was into the Kootenay area or way up north. In my young years, I grew up Chilliwack and Abbotsford and eventually returned there after my years in the US with my Mom. I can't handle the constant cloudiness and rain. I'm not a heat person in the least, however need some sunshine. I find here it has been bitterly cold but, once it settles down below the -25 mark, its generally clear skies, we just didn't seem to get that this year. It's been a bitter, wet, cloudy winter. My Mom asked me, when I first moved out here "THere's nothing to see there, it's so flat, why would you leave the mountains?" I said Mom, look outside. Can you see the mountains? "No, it's raining." EXACTLY. Conversation over LOL

How about you, what area are you from (did I miss that being printed somewhere...? Probably!)

31when is it going to end - Page 2 Empty Re: when is it going to end Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:12 pm

KatuskiFarms

KatuskiFarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I'm from Kelowna. But, my parents had property in Beaverdell and I spent as much time in that little hamlet as in Kelowna. What a great place Beaverdell was for me as a child/teen. My best memories by far are from that place.
My mom sold out this October, and I went back to help. Spent time around the fire with some old friends; was very bittersweet. Such wonderful people; some of them I love like family...

32when is it going to end - Page 2 Empty Re: when is it going to end Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:14 pm

I camped in the Shuswap as a kid -- loved it there.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum