Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Creature Kale

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Creature Kale Empty Creature Kale Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:26 pm

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Has anyone tried this kale from Prairie Garden Seeds?

CREATURE KALE is a mix of B. napus and B. oleracea kales for poultry and milk animals. High in vitamins A and C, and in calcium. Seed in the barnyard (allowing time for adequate growth) or in the garden, or near the garden, to feed (and distract) wild critters.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Creature Kale Empty Re: Creature Kale Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:00 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

That sounds interesting, but I would not plant it, there are other things that my chickens are more fond of. I find that mine do not have any interest in any of those types of leafy vegetables, brassicas, like broccoli, cabbage, collards, they love lettuce, but not this other family of greens. Silly things. Have a most wonderful day, CynthiaM.

3Creature Kale Empty Re: Creature Kale Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:23 am

Zenchicken

Yes I have tried it...it is very popular here. I also freeze what is left in the fall in bags and then defrost for a treat in winter....it gets a little soft but the birds don't care

4Creature Kale Empty Re: Creature Kale Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:03 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Rabbits adore kale, even when it looks like Swiss cheese from the bugs.

Come to think about it...Cynthia, it is precisely the bug attraction that might make this kale a hit with the chickies! Think of all the caterpillars those chickens can pick off. The 'pillars would be a fine source of carotenoids, the stuff that leaps make yellow legs yellow....hmmm?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum