Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Blue Silkie Pair or Trio Wanted In Thompson Okanagan

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

calliope

calliope

Hi,

I'm on the lookout for a good quality pair or trio of blue bearded silkies. The hen(s) could even be blue splash. Please let me know if you have something even if you're not in my vicinity because there is usually a way we can get them here Very Happy

Please e-mail me instead of messaging if possible, as I can't always get on the forum. Thanks in advance!

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

What on earth do you want silkies for (smiling that evil smile) and (kidding too). Silkies are cute, but not for me. I hope you find what you are looking for. Why don't you go for something big like buff orpingtons Shocked Razz Embarassed Cool Very Happy affraid have a most beautiful day, CynthiaM.

calliope

calliope

Oh, Cynthia, you are such a card! I love your Orps but I always worry about the roo's comb getting frostbite and I feel so bad when it happens. Hope you have a beautiful day too Wink

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

CynthiaM wrote: What on earth do you want silkies for (smiling that evil smile) and (kidding too). Silkies are cute, but not for me. I hope you find what you are looking for.

Funny CynthiaM, you said what I was thinking! Very Happy They really are the poodles of the chook world but I know many people love them they are just not for me either.

I hear ya about the combs Calliope I have the same trouble here. I can have single combs on the hens, but roosters just don't make it.

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hey...sticking up for the silkies here. What more could you want? Small, gentle, quiet, unlike most bantams lay a decent sized egg, Tori Spelling has them...

Silkies are wonderful!

Rasilon

Rasilon
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Schipperkesue wrote:Hey...sticking up for the silkies here. What
more could you want? Small, gentle, quiet, unlike most bantams lay a
decent sized egg, Tori Spelling has them...

Silkies are wonderful!

I'm with you, Silkies are great. I just love my paertridge hen -Henny.
She is my oldest chicken and still lays eggs for me. I just put her
with the rooster yesterday they are sooo cuddly
Geri

calliope

calliope

Schipperkesue wrote:Tori Spelling has them...
See, that's just it right there! Why didn't I think of that in a clever retort to you, Cynthia! I really do like them (and my gorgeous little Showgirls, too, Schip), they are a good contrast to the Chants and such that I have, but I just have white and black and was hoping to get some blues again, like I had a few years ago before we had to move and get re-established in coops again, so fingers crossed!

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Calliope, you don't NEED a rooster, how about some buff orpington gals only, eye candy...smiling.

My buff orpington rooster got frostbite last year, lost the tips of some of his combs, sigh...this year he hasn't got frostbite, mind you it is not as cold as last year for surely. The girls don't seem to be affected, mind, their combs are so much more teeny tiny than the male. Maybe because his comb is a little more short he didn't get the freezey tips, I don't know.

Anyways, back to silkies, I think they are ugly and I don't know who Tori Spelling is, so that is of no consequence to me. Guess she is a silkie lover. I know, I know, slap my hand, hats off to the silkies and the silkie lovers, they are pretty cute, but ugly at the same time, hee, hee. Ooops, anyone now mad at me, sorry....I speak my mind.

Why do you want silkies??? I would actually like to know that reason, there must be a very good reason, speak your mind girl. And...have a most awesome day, CynthiaM.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum