Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Looking for seeds

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Looking for seeds Empty Looking for seeds Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:49 pm

I'm trying to locate seeds for Rhododendron and can't seem to find any place that seels them ? if anyone knows of where I can get some please let me know
Thanks P/D

2Looking for seeds Empty Re: Looking for seeds Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:54 pm

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

Do they grow in the prairies? I know there are lots of them in Kelowna but that doesn't help Shocked

3Looking for seeds Empty Re: Looking for seeds Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:26 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

How about these guys...

Wrenhaven Nursery
16651-20th Ave.,
Surrey, BC V3S 9M9
604-536-7283
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Rhododendrons, azaleas, bonsai; hardy, field-grown, popular and unusual species and hybrids.

They may be able to point you in the right direction.

4Looking for seeds Empty Re: Looking for seeds Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:49 pm

Prairie Chick wrote:Do they grow in the prairies? I know there are lots of them in Kelowna but that doesn't help Shocked
.....been looking them up ,want some more color on the yard and from what I read they are hardy to zone 4 ? which is what we are .Looking for the taller one ,not the dwarf variety ......I'll try contacting the place or looking up there site

5Looking for seeds Empty Re: Looking for seeds Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:52 am

Schipperkesue wrote:How about these guys...

Wrenhaven Nursery
16651-20th Ave.,
Surrey, BC V3S 9M9
604-536-7283
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Rhododendrons, azaleas, bonsai; hardy, field-grown, popular and unusual species and hybrids.

They may be able to point you in the right direction.
............are they still in business ? I tried emailing them and it came back ? no domain ??

6Looking for seeds Empty Re: Looking for seeds Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:41 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

How interesting. Maybe rhododendrons cannot be started by seed, which makes no sense. But I have never encountered any seeds for sale, only started plants. Hope you find what you are looking for. If you find seed, expect probably years before you would get a bush that would provide flowers. Not sure, but just have never heard of this.Good luck, wishing you well, have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

7Looking for seeds Empty Re: Looking for seeds Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:58 pm

CynthiaM wrote:How interesting. Maybe rhododendrons cannot be started by seed, which makes no sense. But I have never encountered any seeds for sale, only started plants. Hope you find what you are looking for. If you find seed, expect probably years before you would get a bush that would provide flowers. Not sure, but just have never heard of this.Good luck, wishing you well, have an awesome day, CynthiaM.
............I have found them on the USA seed sites , just thought that they would be here as well ? It doesn't sound that hard to get to full height / growth ? a little bit of TLC ?? Been reading up on them and I guess I'll end up getting seed in from the USA then ?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum