Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

hatching eggs for sale

+2
Grandma Art
n.a.
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1hatching eggs for sale Empty hatching eggs for sale Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:01 pm

n.a.

New Here

I have wellsomer hatching eggs for sale, as well as jersey giants and black copper marrans, all have new unrelaited roo s, so they should be awsome chicks I am located 30 min north of edmonton...... I should have added that if your looking for chicks that aren't inbred diseased sickly things, call me!..... I have put the time, money and effort into it for you! If your interested in where and what lines their from,.... ask.... me!!

Last edited by n.a. on Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:02 pm; edited 3 times in total

2hatching eggs for sale Empty Re: hatching eggs for sale Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:09 pm

Grandma Art

Grandma Art

who are you and where do you call home???

http://www.sheltiesalberta.com

3hatching eggs for sale Empty Re: hatching eggs for sale Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:37 pm

calliope

calliope

good question -- I hear Bart Simpson's voice in my head with his famous quote, "who the he77 are YOU?" ROFL

4hatching eggs for sale Empty Re: hatching eggs for sale Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:51 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hmmm.....and with new roosters who knows what you will get this year.
It always makes it more exciting, I am in the same boat with my new cockerel, kinda like a lucky dip, know it might be something good, or not so much! Laughing

5hatching eggs for sale Empty Re: hatching eggs for sale Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:55 pm

Piet

Piet
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

coopslave wrote:Hmmm.....and with new roosters who knows what you will get this year.
It always makes it more exciting, I am in the same boat with my new cockerel, kinda like a lucky dip, know it might be something good, or not so much! Laughing

Eggzactly, I wondered too about all new roosters?? Great way to destroy or set back a good line as he now means half your flock, unless you really know his background off course.
I like to introduce new blood in the way of a couple new hens and maybe their sons can have a couple hens of their own the year after.

http://pvgflemishgiants.tripod.com/

6hatching eggs for sale Empty Re: hatching eggs for sale Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:04 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Piet, I like to introduce new things very slowly too, but I am very excited (but cautious) about this new guy. I have some pretty high hopes for him, I hope he lives up to them. I do have other options of course and would never put all my hopes into new blood but it is a bit exciting livin on the edge! Laughing

7hatching eggs for sale Empty Re: hatching eggs for sale Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:20 pm

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Is this for your Partridge Chanteclers coop? Will you use him on all your PC hens???

I have two quite wonderful White Chantecler roosters to use this spring and I'm just trying to decide how to go about it....

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

8hatching eggs for sale Empty Re: hatching eggs for sale Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:33 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yes Heda, it is for the PCs. I am still so early with them I don't mind being a bit adventurous. I am going to use him with everything and hopefully for a couple of hatches and then I will go back to the fellow I used last year and the young fellow I kept from my own lines. I am willing to take the chance because I have some backup.
I really do think he is going to add some really good things, but I may be fixing a few things too.

Many people like to just test hatch with a few hens when introducing new blood. If you have some older hens that are tried and true, they are good to use with the new fellows so you can really tell if there is anything lurking.

I am throwing caution to the wind Money Throw but I don't recommend it. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum