Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Older pup found a home.

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Older pup found a home. Empty Older pup found a home. Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:41 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have a 7 month old pup looking for a new home. She is from a purpose bred litter that we kept 2 pups from. It was our first try at this cross and they are great dogs. We crossed one of our working males over a female we brought up from the states. She is a bred that is a true 'farm' dog from the deep south. Used for livestock protection, family protection and in some cases livestock work.
We bred them for working stock dogs and the male is working out, but she has not interest in the stock at all. She is going to be more along the protection lines. Very sweet, smart, raised with other dogs, cats, horses, cattle and very limited bird exposure. She is good with the guineas at the ranch but I haven't had her around my chooks.
Excellent recall, naturally wants to be with you whatever you are doing. Not going to be a big dog but stout. Loves to do whatever I am doing. Very happy dog and can be a littler conservative with strangers, which I like, but very friendly with anyone she knows.
I am asking $200 for her, more to make sure it is a good home with someone that is serious. May be flexible about that to the right person.

I really can't say enough nice things about her. If I wanted a companion/protection dog I would be keeping her. We have so many dogs here, they really need to have a job and her mum fulfills that role for me right now.

Here she is, such a cutie!

Older pup found a home. SAM_1753_zpsc6dfbdf1

Older pup found a home. SAM_1733_zpse9f05cc0

Older pup found a home. SAM_1739_zps308cebca

Action shot!

Older pup found a home. SAM_1726_zps10ec65c2

With mum.

Older pup found a home. SAM_1749_zps9a97d1e6

Last edited by coopslave on Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total

2Older pup found a home. Empty Re: Older pup found a home. Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:04 am

She's beautiful! If we weren't swarming with pups I'd pine for her.

3Older pup found a home. Empty Re: Older pup found a home. Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:36 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sweetened I would love you to have her. I think you would really enjoy her, but I get the whole 'overwhelmed with pups' thing. Just wait until they are all close to 8 weeks, LOOK OUT! Laughing

4Older pup found a home. Empty Re: Older pup found a home. Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:42 am

coopslave wrote:Sweetened I would love you to have her. I think you would really enjoy her, but I get the whole 'overwhelmed with pups' thing. Just wait until they are all close to 8 weeks, LOOK OUT! Laughing

They're working on week 5 now and are already escape artists! Mind you, they're about 90% puppy pad trained already, by themselves, no less.

She's so beautiful, and bully looking for sure. You'll find a wonderful home for her.

5Older pup found a home. Empty Re: Older pup found a home. Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:01 am

KendraG

KendraG

She is beautiful!!

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

6Older pup found a home. Empty Re: Older pup found a home. Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:09 am

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Must......resist..... Shocked

7Older pup found a home. Empty Re: Older pup found a home. Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:14 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hillbilly wrote:Must......resist..... Shocked

Come on, you know you want her! Laughing She loves to go with us when we ride, what more do you want? Wink

8Older pup found a home. Empty Re: Older pup found a home. Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:27 am

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

American bulldog crossed with?

9Older pup found a home. Empty Re: Older pup found a home. Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:35 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hillbilly, her mum is actually a White English Bulldog (or Old Southern White they are sometimes called) but she could be reg AB if I chose to (I did not). The WEB have a bit more stable and reliable temperament than the AB but were the foundation for that breed.

Dad was a stabilised cross we brought with us from Australia. I believe the original breeds they used where the Boxer and Australian Cattle Dog, but that was a few years ago. Very good stock dogs, the heavy artillery really.

This cross really has been very good. Lots of good feedback from people that got the pups and I have to say I really like both of the ones we kept.

Happy to post pictures or email ones of the parents if you like.

10Older pup found a home. Empty Re: Older pup found a home. Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:39 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh geeeze, gotta ask Daughter, who knows, she is a darling!! Beautiful days, CynthiaM.

11Older pup found a home. Empty Re: Older pup found a home. Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:58 am

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I remember reading about the english bulldogs a year or so ago. We've got 3 dogs at the moment, but one not doing well, so we've been deciding if its time the past week. We can't have four, so time will tell. Sounds like a perfect fit for what I would want though.

12Older pup found a home. Empty Re: Older pup found a home. Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:45 pm

cbrookkelly

cbrookkelly
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Coop, had I known just last week while we were in Osoyoos, we would have loved too. It was while we were in Osoyoos that another friend had sent us a picture of Mya. We had been looking for a pup or almost pup for some time and yours would have been perfect!....I do love my Mya though Very Happy

13Older pup found a home. Empty Re: Older pup found a home. Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:17 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Cbrook, I am a firm believer that things work out for a reason. I would have loved for you to have her, but Mya was obviously ment to have you.
Hubby was after me to post about her before Christmas, but I have to admit I was reluctant. I didn't want her to be a 'Christmas' mistake.

14Older pup found a home. Empty Re: Older pup found a home. Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:08 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thanks everyone, I think she has gone to a great place with some nice people!

15Older pup found a home. Empty Re: Older pup found a home. Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:10 am

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Glad to hear! Very Happy

16Older pup found a home. Empty Re: Older pup found a home. Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:28 am

That's wonderful to hear.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum