Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

For Sale: Nigerian Buck

+2
Schipperkesue
KathyS
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1For Sale: Nigerian Buck Empty For Sale: Nigerian Buck Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:12 am

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

Just in time for spring kids! Cookie is a 3 yr old tri-color Nigerian buck. We bought him from a petting zoo as a baby so he is very gentle, easy to handle and never aggressive. He is a proven breeder who produces beautiful, colorful kids. Completely healthy, recently dewormed. $100.00
We also have friendly young wether goats (castrated males) available if you need a companion for Cookie when he is not in with your females.

Here's Cookie:

For Sale: Nigerian Buck Cookie

One of his kids from last spring:

For Sale: Nigerian Buck DSC_0930

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

2For Sale: Nigerian Buck Empty Re: For Sale: Nigerian Buck Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:38 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

KathyS would you consider a trade? I have a black and white 1 1/2 year old Nigerian buck. If not, then I am VERY interested in an un-neutered buckling this spring!

3For Sale: Nigerian Buck Empty Re: For Sale: Nigerian Buck Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:06 pm

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

I will have to check with the herd boss and see what she wants to do. (the 13 year old daughter owns the goats and makes the decisions. Wink ) I just get to enjoy the babies!
Our does should now be bred for spring kids so I would prefer not to have another buck around until next fall. Its just easier than keeping a separate pen for the boys all summer. But I'll definitely let her know about your offer Sue.

4For Sale: Nigerian Buck Empty Re: For Sale: Nigerian Buck Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:58 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thank-you, Kathy! If you decide against a trade i would love to buy him if i can sell the one i have- again like you, i prefer to have only one.

If not, then I am definitely interested in one of your herd boss's bucklings this spring. I remember their lovely calico colors!

5For Sale: Nigerian Buck Empty Re: For Sale: Nigerian Buck Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:07 pm

Butterboy

Butterboy

Sue,

If it does not work with Kathy, I have 9 bucks that you could pick from and I would be more than happy to take your boy. It is coming the time to introduce some new blood.

6For Sale: Nigerian Buck Empty Re: For Sale: Nigerian Buck Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:59 am

LynBar Ranch

LynBar Ranch

Beautiful colour!! WOW!!

http://LynBarRanch.com

7For Sale: Nigerian Buck Empty Re: For Sale: Nigerian Buck Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:56 pm

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

Schipperkesue wrote:Thank-you, Kathy! If you decide against a trade i would love to buy him if i can sell the one i have- again like you, i prefer to have only one.

If not, then I am definitely interested in one of your herd boss's bucklings this spring. I remember their lovely calico colors!

Thank you for the trade offer Sue, but we have decided to take the summer off from having a billy goat.
I also posted this on Kijiji and have a sale pending. It sounds like Butterboy has a nice selection, but by all means if you are still in the market for a new buck in the spring we'll be happy to help you out then. Smile

8For Sale: Nigerian Buck Empty Re: For Sale: Nigerian Buck Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:01 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thanks for considering me, Kathy. I fell in love with your Calico colours last spring. I think I may wait until you are kidding in the spring or chat a little with Butterboy regarding a trade.

9For Sale: Nigerian Buck Empty Re: For Sale: Nigerian Buck Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:39 pm

chickadee

chickadee

I saw this handsome boy on Kijiji. Won't take long to sell him.

I might also have a purebred Nigerian buckling born in February. I won't be keeping any boys. The doe is a chocolate and the sire has blue eyes. Can't wait to see!!

My newest little buckling has blue eyes and is so cute Smile His name is Zippity Do Dah.

10For Sale: Nigerian Buck Empty Re: For Sale: Nigerian Buck Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:06 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

KathyS wrote: I would prefer not to have another buck around until next fall. Its just easier than keeping a separate pen for the boys all summer.

Gotta say that is a most beautiful buck. Been around goats a little throughout my life. Had a neighbour that had some kind of weird goat, back on the coast. When it was season, I could smell that stinky fellow all the way to my place out back. Probably why I could not stand to have a male goat around, winter summer spring or fall. Teasin' ya. But why on earth do they smell so bad? I just don't get it. Is that attractive to the female, ich....have a most wonderful day, CynthiaM.

11For Sale: Nigerian Buck Empty Re: For Sale: Nigerian Buck Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:36 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Cynthia, I'm gonna gross you out. They pee on their face and in their mouths then spit eau de goat all over themselves. I like their smell...just like goat cheese!

12For Sale: Nigerian Buck Empty Re: For Sale: Nigerian Buck Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:21 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Schipperkesue wrote:Cynthia, I'm gonna gross you out. They pee on their face and in their mouths then spit eau de goat all over themselves. I like their smell...just like goat cheese!

Oh man, you are a sick puppy. Now I feel like I am gonna puke!! Always thought you a little warped!! Razz . Remember one time being with some girlfriends and we could smell that buck a mile away, the men that were present, could not smell a single thing. What's with that? I wonder if men just don't smell certain smells. Serious, not one could smell that dude. Ooops, I think it was a ram that they could not smell, not a buck. Yes...going back in cobwebs of mind, it was a sheep male not a goat male. Anyways, he stunk. Period!! And Sue, still think you are a sick puppy tongue Have a most wonderful day, CynthiaM.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum