Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Every thing muscovy!!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Every thing muscovy!! on Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:22 pm

steve

Full Time Member
Full Time Member
im looking forward to showing my 10 muscovy ducks at the up coming CHB show in November! i think they are a very intesting, fun and beautiful breed of water fowl, and i enjoy them alot. im sure Country Thyme Farm will agree with me for sure! Wink LOL
so i thought i would start a muscovy post because i would love to see other peoples ducks! and hope to see people enter their muscovys in the up coming show,, the more the merrier i always say!! Very Happy

hear is my black Drake at the Peavey Mart sale, ill be showing him~

hear is a beautiful blue Drake from Omega Blue Farms at last years APA National show in armstrong BC

this good looking drake is from Country Thyme Farm at this years febuary show in wetaskiwin~

2 Re: Every thing muscovy!! on Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:31 pm

appway

Golden Member
Golden Member
Steve They all look real nice and if your females are as nice there should be a good show
I hope others enter theirs
Thank you for sharing

3 Re: Every thing muscovy!! on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:02 pm

Country Thyme Farm

Full Time Member
Full Time Member
I should post another picture of that drake later, his white head is much nicer and he is more impressive overall now that he's gone through his first adult moult.

Muscovies are some of my favourite poultry, perfectly suited to my farm and some of the nicest meat I've ever tasted, though I think I've decided that appleyards tie with muscovies in the taste department.

I'll be showing my birds right next to yours, hopefully a few more people represent the breed too this year!

http://countrythyme.ca

4 Re: Every thing muscovy!! on Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:43 am

mirycreek

Golden Member
Golden Member
Bring on the ducks!

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

5 Re: Every thing muscovy!! on Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:41 am

steve

Full Time Member
Full Time Member
appway wrote:Steve They all look real nice and if your females are as nice there should be a good show
I hope others enter theirs
Thank you for sharing
thanks Appway, glad you enjoyed them :)do you have ducks too?
and i would have to agree with Country Thyme Farm about the tast. i really love the tast of the meat. we had our first moscovy ever last week and it was really good!

6 Re: Every thing muscovy!! on Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:56 am

Schipperkesue

Golden Member
Golden Member
I am really missing my Muscovies. This thread makes me sad. They used to follow me around as I did my chores. They were so sweet. Sad

7 Re: Every thing muscovy!! on Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:14 pm

appway

Golden Member
Golden Member
Hi Steve
DOnt have them any more as the Fox got them in the spring only ducks we have now are 5 Pekin females
but will get some more Muscovy's next spring
I love them

8 Re: Every thing muscovy!! on Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:10 pm

k.r.l

Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Muscovies are Beautiful Birds! I had a pair a few years ago, but sadly I sold them as I didn't have room for them then.
When I have more space I plan to get Muscovies again.

Here is a picture of my old pair Jasper and Lucy.

9 Re: Every thing muscovy!! on Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:55 am

steve

Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Thanks for the awesome picture Kyle! They where such beautiful ducks!! Hears a picture of mine enjoying the snow!! Smile
I'm sorry to hear about your loss Appway, and sue!

10 Re: Every thing muscovy!! on Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:35 pm

Country Thyme Farm

Full Time Member
Full Time Member
Bump

A gorgeous new blue Muscovy hen generously gifted this year to us by steve, taking a nap.

The piebald/magpie steve showed in the first post all grown up

And a couple more just for fun.

11 Re: Every thing muscovy!! on Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:01 pm

appway

Golden Member
Golden Member
CTF
Beautiful Ducks
I guess I need to get some more this spring
I know I sure do miss mine
Thanks for sharing always like looking at them

12 Re: Every thing muscovy!! on Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:27 am

steve

Full Time Member
Full Time Member
they are beautiful birds Country Thyme Farm! thanks for posting! Very Happy that piedbald boy is sure awesome,, will he be in this show?
ive got to say getting the ducks ready for a show is really easy! Very Happy

13 Re: Every thing muscovy!! on Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:08 pm

coopslave

Golden Member
Golden Member
Gee CountryThyme, I really like that blue duck. Sigh, right now I am in a no ducks allowed zone.

14 Re: Every thing muscovy!! on Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:00 pm

Country Thyme Farm

Full Time Member
Full Time Member
steve wrote:they are beautiful birds Country Thyme Farm! thanks for posting! Very Happy that piedbald boy is sure awesome,, will he be in this show?
ive got to say getting the ducks ready for a show is really easy! Very Happy

He sure will! He was looking pretty brutal after breeding season, but he's been looking really nice since his moult. I might be bringing a couple of piebald young hens as well.

Getting ducks ready for show really is so much more pleasant than chickens I think. I just fill a big rubber tub with water and put the duck in and close the door. Super easy!

15 Re: Every thing muscovy!! on Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:04 am

liz

Full Time Member
Full Time Member
Now I want Ducks and Guineas ! I hope there will be some for sale at the show Money Throw

16 Re: Every thing muscovy!! on Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:37 am

steve

Full Time Member
Full Time Member
don't worry Liz im sure one of us can hook you up!! Wink
thats to bad coopslave! Sad
my ducks are looking pretty good for the show right now, that warm snap last week made some wounderful puddles for the ducks to play in!! LOL it was fun to watch.

17 Re: Every thing muscovy!! on Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:41 am

CynthiaM

Golden Member
Golden Member
Oh geeez, I have looked at this post a couple of times before and never responded, cause, well, didn't have much to say. I love muscovy ducks, raised many a few back in the old life on the coast. Sold them when we moved up to the Okanagan, to people I knew, so can still get the genetics back, had a massively huge and wonderfully mannered drake. I think they are the most personable of the duck species. The ducks would follow me around whilst I worked the gardens, they knew there were always worms present. I will again have muscovy ducks again one day, one fine day. I know there are some very nice sources on our forum (see pics, thanks, heard stories, thanks) to get hatching eggs of some really nice birds. I loved the picture of Jasper, now that is one very beautiful dude, what a drake!! Something about the blue colour that I really like. We had a drake, he was unusually coloured, never figured out what colour he was, but he was pretty, until a mink or something took him away, sigh.....lovely as lovely can be to see these beautiful pictures. Have a most wonderful day, CynthiaM.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum