Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Narragansett Tom

+3
Schipperkesue
Jonny Anvil
lazyfarmer
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Narragansett Tom Empty Narragansett Tom Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:36 pm

lazyfarmer

Looking for a unrelated Tom. Got mine from Crystal. Making a trip south next week.

2Narragansett Tom Empty Re: Narragansett Tom Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:53 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Might have a Tom available, he this years hatch, March or April hatch I believe will double check with Tsamis to see if he would like to keep him or not.

Our lines should be unrelated to yours, Tsamis has been working with them for a few seasons now.

Feel free to PM me for pics and details.

Cheers!
Jonathan

3Narragansett Tom Empty Re: Narragansett Tom Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:02 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have some of Jonny's Narragansett. They are going to be slaughtered this month. I am very pleased with them. They outgrew the other turkeys that were several weeks older. I hatched them from eggs and their fertility was excellent.

4Narragansett Tom Empty Re: Narragansett Tom Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:08 pm

Elgies Exotics

Elgies Exotics
New Here

Johnny I would like the Tom if u have One thanks Jesse

http://sites.google.com/site/elgiesexotics/

5Narragansett Tom Empty Re: Narragansett Tom Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:14 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Elgie, if Jonny sells his Tom and you are still looking, let me know. I am planning to book a butcher appointment for mine next week.

6Narragansett Tom Empty Re: Narragansett Tom Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:37 pm

Elgies Exotics

Elgies Exotics
New Here

Schipperkesue wrote:Elgie, if Jonny sells his Tom and you are still looking, let me know. I am planning to book a butcher appointment for mine next week.
I will forsure what do you have for nags? And where abouts are you?

7Narragansett Tom Empty Re: Narragansett Tom Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:42 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I am near Drayton Valley. I have 4 young Turks from Jonny's eggs. Jonny is thinking about taking back the two hens and I think I have two toms as well.

8Narragansett Tom Empty Re: Narragansett Tom Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:50 am

Elgies Exotics

Elgies Exotics
New Here

What would you want for all 4?

9Narragansett Tom Empty Re: Narragansett Tom Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:38 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Not sure, I must talk to Jonny first. He has first option on the hens. I will find out.

10Narragansett Tom Empty Re: Narragansett Tom Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:46 am

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Schipperkesue wrote:Not sure, I must talk to Jonny first. He has first option on the hens. I will find out.

Hey Sue,

Won't need the hens after all. We have a gorgeous flock of Narragansett hens here. 9 or so in total.

Lazyfarmer, I had the chance to Talk to tsamis in regards to the Narra tom that we have. After much thought he has decided to keep back the tom after all. We will be splitting our Narragansett into two breeding groups for 2013.

I do apologize for the delay in getting back to you, was waiting for an answer as well as been a busy weekend.

Cheers,

Jonny.

11Narragansett Tom Empty Re: Narragansett Tom Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:16 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

We've acquired a couple BBB turkeys here. The parents are from Rochester's heritage stock they sold about 4 years ago. We're wondering what to bring in to keep these genetically diverse.

12Narragansett Tom Empty Re: Narragansett Tom Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:30 pm

Elgies Exotics

Elgies Exotics
New Here

if you would like to get rid of the nags i would like to see the lot?? and whats the price?

13Narragansett Tom Empty Re: Narragansett Tom Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:04 am

lazyfarmer

Hi Sue do you have a Tom to sell to me, as Jonny is keeping his? Did EE hijack my thread and my deals? Thanks EE.

14Narragansett Tom Empty Re: Narragansett Tom Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:12 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I think EE was operating on the belief that you may be getting your Tom from Jonny.

Jonny wants to see pics of my birds to ensure they are the sex I think they are and that they are not crossed with his Ridleys. I will let you know, lazy farmer, give you first choice, then talk to EE.

When are you heading south and where are you going?

15Narragansett Tom Empty Re: Narragansett Tom Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:30 am

Elgies Exotics

Elgies Exotics
New Here

Yes sorry lazy farmer I was going off the bases that you were taken care of sorry!. As I would hate to see such good nargansett stock go to slaughter and I need some new blood as well as a new Tom. Sorry again!

16Narragansett Tom Empty Re: Narragansett Tom Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:01 am

lazyfarmer

Thanks Sue, I await the verdict. I am still hopeful for a trip south this weekend or Monday to get my new stock. I only need 1 Tom. No harm done EE.

17Narragansett Tom Empty Re: Narragansett Tom Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:12 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I will try to get the pictures today. My husband, Doug, works in Nisku, just south of Edmonton. He could bring the birds there almost any weekday.

18Narragansett Tom Empty Re: Narragansett Tom Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:26 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Hey Everyone,

I do apologize for jumping the gun, I knew at one point Tsamis did have a Trio for sale, they sold. But the buyer never did come to get them and then it was decided by tsamis to keep them back. I was under the impression that we had a Tom for sale still. Once again my apologies for any confusion.

When ever you get those pics Sue that will be great.... If it comes down to it.... I can always drive out and take a look in person.

We had one cross breed hatch out here in our last breedings/ hatch for the year..... I would like to make sure the Quad that Sue has is pure Narragansett as they come from some great lines.

19Narragansett Tom Empty Re: Narragansett Tom Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:12 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Here are three of the four unhappy turkeys in a crate. I am moving them to a pen. They have been free range all summer and not happy. Number four looks identical to these three.

Narragansett Tom 4454b2bec967d1a543901abed63373c5

Narragansett Tom 4a26ebbceca331af3100e621a773c854

20Narragansett Tom Empty Re: Narragansett Tom Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:27 pm

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Lucky ducks. When I had Nags, I couldn't find any new blood at all. Eventually had to give up.

21Narragansett Tom Empty Re: Narragansett Tom Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:22 pm

Elgies Exotics

Elgies Exotics
New Here

Those are definitely pure nargs beautiful birds!

22Narragansett Tom Empty Re: Narragansett Tom Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:22 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Well I can safely say that they are Pure Nags, and not crossed with the Ridleys. They would be much darker.

As for sexing them, I can't tell by the pics. I Might have to make a trek out one night this week.... Question I see a pair for sure... but you never know.

They boys should have the obvious signs by now, one would hope.

23Narragansett Tom Empty Re: Narragansett Tom Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:17 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I am glad you can recognize them in spite of my atrocious pictures. I am pretty sure I have two toms and two hens. For sure I have two toms. Lazy farmer, there should be a choice of two boys for you and if EE would like the other three, I am delighted not to be bringing them to the butcher.

24Narragansett Tom Empty Re: Narragansett Tom Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:19 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Jonny, you are welcome out any time. Come for dinner! I will make some plain food for your Honey.

25Narragansett Tom Empty Re: Narragansett Tom Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:37 pm

Elgies Exotics

Elgies Exotics
New Here

Let me know sue thank you.!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum