Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How to fatten a horse help please

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51 Re: How to fatten a horse help please on Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:05 pm

authenticfarm

Golden Member
Golden Member
Hillbilly wrote: Off topic, authenticfarm, but you must know Dan Wilson then, a local here?

The name is familiar, but it's been a few years since I've had Canadians ... I sold them +/- 2004. I had to go look up on the CLRC what my previous horses have been up to - fun little blast from the past!

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

52 Re: How to fatten a horse help please on Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:10 pm

Hillbilly

Addicted Member
Addicted Member
I just assumed you would know the name. He played a huge role in making the Canadian an official symbol. Its also one of his horses that was used to represent the breed.

53 Re: How to fatten a horse help please on Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:11 pm

authenticfarm

Golden Member
Golden Member
I should google, I bet I would remember more about him. I don't think I ever met him in person, though.

Edited to add: I googled! I remember his horse, La Bute Watt Billy. Doesn't look like he has him anymore, though. Billy would have been an uncle to my mare.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

54 Re: How to fatten a horse help please on Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:47 pm

Hillbilly

Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Cool. I think Billy is the horse depicted at his farm here as Canada's national breed.

55 Re: How to fatten a horse help please on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:41 pm

Nice that you know about Canadians. I chose them because of their history and hardiness.

I think if you saw and felt my mare, you might give her at least a 5, if not a 6.

The weanling is now gelded and is doing very well, thanks for asking. He is so sweet and friendly, but so is his mom. She was always that way as a baby too.

Billy is Willa's Grandfather.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum