Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Finisher??? Grower

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Finisher??? Grower Empty Finisher??? Grower Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:55 am

sosweetjojo

sosweetjojo

Friend of mine went and got our chicken feed..I needed 16%pullet grower and he brings me poultry finisher its 17%... Can i still feed it to them? They are 10 weeks old.

2Finisher??? Grower Empty Re: Finisher??? Grower Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:20 am

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

I would feed them the finisher. I assume you are not growing Cornish Giants or other meat birds because they could be on finisher at 9 weeks.

3Finisher??? Grower Empty Re: Finisher??? Grower Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:35 am

sosweetjojo

sosweetjojo

No they are just my replacement laying pullets. So it will be ok to feed them that?

4Finisher??? Grower Empty Re: Finisher??? Grower Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:40 am

Dark Wing Duck

Dark Wing Duck
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Finisher feed is usually for meat birds. I wouldn't buy it to use for layers my self. However, it definitely isn't going to hurt them in any way. If it is all you have and can't get anything else for a while, go ahead and use it.

5Finisher??? Grower Empty Re: Finisher??? Grower Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:45 am

Country Thyme Farm

Country Thyme Farm
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I've been stuck in that position too before, it doesn't hurt them any. I would toss a bit of grain in the mix too if you have it readily available. Otherwise, fresh forage balances most anything you feed them.

http://countrythyme.ca

6Finisher??? Grower Empty Re: Finisher??? Grower Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:16 pm

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

I noticed that a bag of finisher my son won had antibiotic meds in it, supposed to be toxic to dogs? so I didnt feed it because the dogs/horses pick through the shavings we toss out and didnt want to cause a problem there...

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

7Finisher??? Grower Empty Re: Finisher??? Grower Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:24 pm

To avoid medicated feed I don't feed standard chick ration, I feed finisher of this stuff at peavy mart called grower/starter broiler ration. It's also non-medicated.

8Finisher??? Grower Empty Re: Finisher??? Grower Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:30 pm

Dark Wing Duck

Dark Wing Duck
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Sweetened wrote:To avoid medicated feed I don't feed standard chick ration, I feed finisher of this stuff at peavy mart called grower/starter broiler ration. It's also non-medicated.

I'm just wondering why it is that you would avoid medicated feed? Not that it is a problem, I'm just curious is all.

9Finisher??? Grower Empty Re: Finisher??? Grower Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Dark Wing Duck wrote:
Sweetened wrote:To avoid medicated feed I don't feed standard chick ration, I feed finisher of this stuff at peavy mart called grower/starter broiler ration. It's also non-medicated.

I'm just wondering why it is that you would avoid medicated feed? Not that it is a problem, I'm just curious is all.

Good question Smile I'll start a new thread so I don't hijack.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum