Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wanted: Muscovy ducklings or hatching eggs - N. Okanagan, BC

+3
Binkeyroo
smokyriver
coopslave
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

I am looking for 20-25 ducklings or 25-30 fertile hatching eggs for an August 9 hatch. So, ship to set in incubator July 5th or so, and if ducklings, I'd like them August 9th or so.

Not for breeding, these will be an experiment for a local processor and myself, so colour, etc., not important.

Thank you.

Nobody? *chirp* *chirp*

.......OKay. Sad lol

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

No quackers for you Farmchiq! Very Happy

(she laughs evily because of her duck envy.....)

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

I would have sent you some eggs but I am hoping my ducks will start setting soon. Sorry I couldn't help you!!

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

Binkeyroo

My dad has some. I can ask him if he will sell some eggs. I am not sure what the going rate is for Muscovy eggs. What were you thinking price wise?
I can greyhound them to you COD or can meet up with you depending on where you are located. We are in Grand Forks but we go out to Penticton and Kelowna about once a month or so.
Very Happy

That would be great Binkyroo. I could easily meet you. I asked around a few people that I know have 'scovies and the only person who replied suggested $1/egg. Beats selling them as table eggs I guess. Shocked

fuzzylittlefriend

fuzzylittlefriend
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

There is add on castanet for muscovies in keramos. It is posted by a member on here but I dont think she comes here very much. She has duckling for sale but might have eggs too? You never know!

http://pauluzzifamilypoultry.webs.com/

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Honestly, can't believe that there are not more replies. Check out that fellow you got your drake and ducks from, he probably has some you could purchase from him. We need those scovies for our dinner table and am relying on you, smiling that big smile. If you can get them for $1 an egg, that is good. Back in our old life on the coast, I was charging a whole lot more for a woman that would come and buy them to do pysanky with, she was a most beautiful artist. She loved the size and strength of the muscovy eggs, she liked the turkey eggs too, goose were really treasured. Hope you find what you are looking for. Look harder!!! Have an incredible day, CynthiaM.

The $1 quote came from the fellow I bought the trio from.

Thanks Fuzzy, I will look for that ad.
FC

Binkeyroo

I talked to my dad and the only problem is that the ducks are laying EVERYWHERE and he doesn't know which are fresh or not. He has so many and they just live in his backyard. He has been destroying their nests because they keep coming out with babies and he doesn't sell them or anything so he only needs so many per year to eat. I can let you know if they have babies and get those to you if you like but I would not feel ok selling the eggs because I have no idea when they laid them.
Maybe I can go clean up all the eggs and then collect the fresh ones.
He is out of town and we are feeding the animals so I will have a look around and see what is there.
I will let you know.
Smile

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

This is from Ropin the Web.. maybe this person can mail eggs??

Marilyn Jones Ponoka Posted: 2012-04-16
Breed: Muskovy Ducks Quantity: 6 Price: negotiable
Two black & white males, four females (mostly white). Year old. Will sell as pairs, trio's or all together.
Phone: 403-790-2417 Cell: 403-704-3763
[email]

Thanks Cathy, I'm looking for eggs or ducklings to grow up and process at the right age, well under a year. I appreciate you replying. Very Happy

Binkeyroo

My Dad is back from vacation.
I am wondering if you are interested in eggs or ducklings more? That way I can let him know. We can wait till the hens hatch some out and then deliver them to you or do eggs.
Also, there is a fellow on Castanet selling some as well. I got some gese from him. His ducklings are wonderful looking!

I am going to send you a private message. Thanks for this! Very Happy

Omega Blue Farms

Omega Blue Farms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

got hens setting and hatching all over the place. but I'm on the island.

http://www.OmegaBlueFarms.ca

Omega Blue Farms wrote:got hens setting and hatching all over the place. but I'm on the island.

Thanks OBF...you probably want more for your stock than I want to pay. Just looking to put them in the freezer.
Cheers,
FC

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum