Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I have a few left- turkey eggs that is

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1I have a few left- turkey eggs that is  Empty I have a few left- turkey eggs that is Tue May 15, 2012 4:38 pm

Grandma Art

Grandma Art

I have about 6 Red Bourbon, and the same amount of Narragansetts... with maybe a blue Slate to toss in there too if anyone is interested...

http://www.sheltiesalberta.com

2I have a few left- turkey eggs that is  Empty Maybe? Thu May 17, 2012 3:31 pm

pawsdaisy

pawsdaisy

My incubator will be empty of chicks in 5 days..what would the cost be including shipping to BC via Greyhound? Maybe get your eggs with some advice on best way to incubate..Thanks

Grandma Art

Grandma Art

pawsdaisy wrote:My incubator will be empty of chicks in 5 days..what would the cost be including shipping to BC via Greyhound? Maybe get your eggs with some advice on best way to incubate..Thanks

I incubate turkeys and chicks together. It seems to works for me. It just takes the turkeys a week longer. If your hatching only turkey eggs you can up the humidity at lock down up to 70% or so, but thats all the difference. I dont know exactly how much it would cost to send via bus because I usually send them shipping COD. I would think it would be in the neighborhood of 30-35.00 , You could ask others what they have had to pay. .. My price is $5.00 per egg. or $3.00 for mutt eggs I have found outside of the breeding pens. No idea on who the parents would be.... I guess you would call them " surprise " eggs.

4I have a few left- turkey eggs that is  Empty surprise sounds good to me Fri May 18, 2012 4:58 pm

pawsdaisy

pawsdaisy

Very Happy How about for this year, I would try to hatch 10 or 12 of the surprise eggs? And if sent by bus I will know exactly when to go to town for pickup and I believe it takes not more than 2 days to get here and does cost less. Would you be willing to contact your nearest bus depot and find out the fare to Lac La Hache, VOK 1T0 and I can pay for all in advance with bank interac. It really works for me so I don't go to town for little trips. (it's an hour each way) ????

Grandma Art

Grandma Art

sorry Pawsdaisy, the eggs I had are gone. If you are willing to wait a week or so I can save you what new ones I find. The girls are starting to slow way down, I dont know if they are done or if the weather change has them not laying. Or..... I have ducks eggs, lots of Muscovy duck eggs, lol

6I have a few left- turkey eggs that is  Empty I will wait Sat May 19, 2012 10:05 am

pawsdaisy

pawsdaisy

I will wait even 6 to whatever of your surprise eggs I will be happy to take and try to incubate or since I have one bourbon hen that keeps wanting to set (and isnt laying) I should be able to let her do the work for us? So I look forward to the surprises. Thanks Dianne

7I have a few left- turkey eggs that is  Empty Ducks Sat May 19, 2012 10:09 am

pawsdaisy

pawsdaisy

I forgot to mention that I have blue swedes and I am crossing them with a wild mallard x call drake Very Happy . They have always looked like the swedish. So sorry not needing any ducks, No matter how cute they are.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum