Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Looking for Red Golden Hens (Alberta)

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Looking for Red Golden Hens (Alberta) Empty Looking for Red Golden Hens (Alberta) Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:28 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Hey Everyone,

Had an unfortunate Fox attack last night and lost one of my more favoruite Red Golden Hens.
I am down to only one hen and two boys now.

I am looking for at least two possibly 4 hens.

Please feel free to contact me.

Cheers,

Jonny A

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hmmmm, not sure but I think I asked this question before. What is a red golden hen? It was a pea hen? Man sometimes my mind just does not remember some things, smiling that big smile. Good day to you and all, CynthiaM.

chickencrazygirl

chickencrazygirl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Sorry to hear about the fox attack and you losing your girl. Sad
Wonder if it was the same fox we kept seeing last year.
I have seen your pens how on earth did it get in.

I will keep an eye out for you with finding a re placement

http://www.wovenndreamscanada.com

4Looking for Red Golden Hens (Alberta) Empty Re: Looking for Red Golden Hens (Alberta) Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:53 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Hey,

Cynthia A Red Golden hen is a small ornamental pheasant.. here is a picture of one I found online, can't locate a picture of one of ours.

Looking for Red Golden Hens (Alberta) Red_Golden_hen_website - image borrowed from http://www.pheasantsinparadise.com/about.html

CCG,
That one hen that I lost always slept on the lower roost leaning up against the wire, so she was 4 and a half feet up off the ground, but cause she was sleeping agains the wire the Fox was able to Perch itself on the foot or so of roost sticking out. I say fox cause it was the same morning Karrie watched a fox attacking Gandalf's pen. Karrie managed to whack the fox with a stick and scared it away, needless to say egg production has dropped in the days since.

Thanks let me know if you come across any, I will be at the Popwa auction as that's a great place to get them!

Mel

Hey Jonny,
Check the POPWA website - there are a bunch of gamebird breeders on the site with good birds to sell!

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Mel wrote:Hey Jonny,
Check the POPWA website - there are a bunch of gamebird breeders on the site with good birds to sell!

Thanks I will do that for sure!!!

Cheers!

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ah Jonny, my memory served me well, that is a very pretty little gal, no wonder you want more, sorry to hear of the loss, have that wonderful day, CynthiaM.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum